Senior Software Engineer
Location: Mexico City, CDMX, Mexico
Requisition Number: 213197
Teradata is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to build a new full-stack software development project that provides a unified user interface to operationalize data movement and management. This candidate’s responsibilities will include designing, implementing, testing, and documenting features, enhancements, and defects.
Candidate should have the skills to research and establish technical direction for feature development, perform related analysis, and resolve bugs given general direction.
Qualifications, Education, and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field with 5 years of industry design and programming experience or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field with 3 years of industry design and programming experience, or a PhD in Computer Science or related technical field with internships.
- Go, Java, or C/C++ programming experience in a commercial software development project.
- Angular 2+ recent experience programming in a commercial software development project.
- Programming experience developing multi-threaded applications in a parallel processing environment.
- Good Knowledge on RESTful API development/testing.
- System design, excellent problem solving, and strong debugging skills.
- Personal resource management skills to successfully work on multiple assignments at one time and self-motivated to successfully work in a remote environment as needed.
- Experience on an Agile development team contributing to project deliverables via sprints.
- Excellent communication and teaming skills to actively participate in all SCRUM meetings.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and general direction.
- Experience using IntelliJ, Eclipse, or comparable IDE for software development, and experience with a variety of development tools (Git/GitHub, JIRA, Confluence, junit, Jenkins, etc.).
- Familiarity of UNIX/Linux and Windows operating systems along with shell scripting (e.g., ksh, bash, etc.).
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technology.
Good to have:
- Experience working with Relational Databases (RDBMS) and SQL
- Knowledge of Test Driven Development
- Knowledge about cloud computing platforms like AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud
- Exposure to CICD development pipelines
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Responsible primarily for software feature design, development, unit testing and support of released products.
- Report progress against objectives on periodic basis.
Works with project team members and architects and reports to engineering manager.
City: Mexico City
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Mexico City, Mexico MX