Senior Software Quality Engineer
Location: Mexico City, Mexico City, Mexico
Requisition Number: 213097
Senior Software Quality Engineer
Location: Mexico City, Mexico MX
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well. As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world. In support of this, we are looking to expand our engineering presence in Mexico City.
We’re building the next generation of test automation and tools to support Teradata’s Cloud-first approach.
Our internal test platform that is used to test our Products & Services across multi-cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP) and hybrid-cloud (VMware and on-prem) leverages our best in class Data & Analytics platform. We are building the future, by providing the tools to our different engineering teams to test and verify Teradata’s most critical features at scale.
Be a core part of the team by leveraging your coding and testing experience to diagnose issues, contribute code, and provide solutions for testing Teradata’s Vantage platform.
Your job responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to the testing effort for Teradata’s Vantage platform
- Perform problem detection, isolation and reporting activities
- Participate in Agile development processes and focus on automated testing to support software quality efforts
- Write automation to facilitate deployment of test assets for on-premise and cloud-based testing
- Interact with engineers from other organizations to simulate internal and customer-like test scenarios which help validate the product
- Execution and monitoring of python based testing libraries.
- BS or MS Degree in computer science or related field
- 4+ years of professional experience in software industry
- Demonstrated proficiency with Python
- Desire and willingness to learn new tools and technologies
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Effective written and oral communication skills with strong ability to communicate complex technical information effectively
- Solid understanding of database design and proficiency with querying and managing data in SQL
- Working knowledge of Linux operating systems concepts including file systems, networks, and memory management
- Experience writing automated tests for complex applications and components
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker containerization
- Prior experience with testing databases
- Familiarity testing in Public Cloud environments (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Experience with organizational tools such as Confluence and JIRA
- Experience with best-in-class software development practices including source control, unit testing, continuous integration, and test-driven development
- Passion for QA and interested in writing code that breaks code
- Familiarity with CICD pipelines configuration and execution using Jenkins
- Knowledge of Teradata technology is a plus
Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage. Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
City: Mexico City
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Software Quality Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: Mexico City, Mexico MX