Senior DevOps Engineer
Location: Mexico City, Mexico City, Mexico
Requisition Number: 213095
Sr. DevOps Engineer (VMware / vRA)
Location: Mexico City, Mexico MX
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well. As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world. In support of this, we are looking to expand our engineering presence in Mexico City.
Our Quality & Tools group enables our development teams to build world-class products for both on-premises and cloud-based solutions. Among of our tools and services, we manage and deliver self-service for a large private cloud deployment on VMware.
If you have a passion for automation, a cloud-first mindset, and see yourself thriving as a member of one of our fast-paced, High-Performance teams, then this might be the right opportunity for you.
Responsibilities (shall include but not be limited to):
- Enable Self-Service through automated provisioning and management of an Enterprise VMware private cloud -- of Windows and Linux server operating systems -- using real time data
- Use cloud services, open-source technologies, and automation to improve productivity and security
- Help us aggregate, analyze, and visualize data to drive operational excellence and engineering efficiency
- Participate in day-to-day infrastructure operations using ITIL practices via ITSM, e.g., incidents, problems, changes, service requests
- Participate in the team on-call rotation to ensure 24x7 availability SLAs are met (as needed)
- Serve as a technical lead on projects and enhancements
- Elicit requirements from analysis, stakeholders, and cross-functional teams
- Propose data-driven solutions that are innovative and security-focused
- Deliver on schedule regarding technical and integration requirements
- Report results throughout the implementation cycle
- Create and maintain architectural and logical diagrams and support documentation
- Track work -- features, stories and tasks -- using Jira (Agile / Kanban)
Required Skills and Experience (you will need to be successful):
- Bachelor's degree in a Technology field
- 5 or more years of VMware / DevOps experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Time management and organizational skills
- Team player who:
- Collaborates with other team members and cross-functional teams
- Delivers on team commitments
- Possess the social aptitude to work with geographically distributed and culturally diverse teams
- Adapts to change with workloads, processes, business needs, and company culture
- Technical Influencer who:
- Exhibits a growth mindset for improving and automating processes that result in customer satisfaction and business value
- Communicates effectively and manages the expectations of others (Ex: team members, management, customers)
- Demonstrated experience with Enterprise VMware Deployments and VMware tools including vRealize Automation (vRA) for VM provisioning
- Scripting experience with PowerShell and/or Python
- Administrator-level operating system experience with Windows or Linux
- Ability to dive in and debug live systems, performance bottlenecks, spotting anomalous system behavior, and determining the root cause of incidents.
- Experience with process automation and configuration management tools (Ex: Ansible, Packer, StackStorm)
- Experience with vRA 8 and Tanzu
- Experience with Rancher
- Experience working in one or more hybrid cloud environments (AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud)
- Experience managing multiple Kubernetes environments both on-prem and across public cloud providers
- Experience with ServiceNow
💥 GREAT BENEFITS!
Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary plus above law benefits that include:
• Restaurant & Grocery vouchers
• Savings fund with company match
• Annual performance bonus
• Life & health Insurance
• Dental & Vision plan
• Medical discount card for family
• Employee discounted stock purchasing plan (ESPP).
• Optional pensions plan.
• Flexible working model.
Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
City: Mexico City
Community / Marketing Title: Senior DevOps Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Mexico City, Mexico MX