Staff DevOps Engineer
Location: Mexico City, CDMX, Mexico
Requisition Number: 213091
Flexible, Mexico City
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
We are building an engineering team to create the processes and tooling needed to efficiently develop, test, and release Vantage, the next-generation Cloud-based data platform that is optimized for cost and performance, while providing elastic compute and storage to process, store, transfer, and protect data great products. This is your opportunity to be part of the team that’s empowering engineering teams to work smarter. As part of our Product Engineering organization, you’ll collaborate with peers and other leaders to develop and drive the execution of strategic initiatives to enable developers to more successfully deliver on cloud-first data analytics platforms and services.
- Design, deploy, and support new and existing Cloud CI/CD platforms that facilitate software product delivery
- Enable product engineering teams by driving services that accelerate the product engineering process
- Work with supported delivery teams in specifying technical requirements to support centralized delivery platform/framework components
- Maintain system architecture documentation, runbooks, diagrams, and other associated assets in various repositories
- Collaborate with leadership and peers to define long-term strategy delivery process and feature roadmaps
- Communicate effectively with other engineering teams, QA, PMs, and members of the leadership team
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionally with other internal and external partner teams and organizations
- Provide technical guidance to peers and leaders
- Experience using Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC) and (Configuration-as-Code) tooling (preference for Terraform, Ansible, and Vagrant)
- 4+ years of hands-on software development experience
- Demonstratable proficiency in at least one modern general-purpose programing language (strong preference for Python)
- Experience working with SCM and continuous integration tooling (such as GitHub, GitLab, Jenkins, or similar)
- Experience and understanding of professional software engineering practices and best practices for full software development lifecycle (SDLC), including coding standards, code reviews, source code management, build and integration processes, software testing, and operations
- Experience building service on at least one of the primary public cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, or GCP)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a technology-related field (e.g., Engineering, Computer Science, etc.) required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Proficiency in CI/CD and DevOps principles and practices and their implementation
- Cloud Infrastructure Engineering / Architecture experience with AWS, GCP, and/or Azure
- Pervasive knowledge of many CI/CD tooling systems and understanding of the tooling options of both proprietary and open-source software
- Experience with Docker container-related technologies like Kubernetes, Mesos, etc.
- Cloud Software Developer Certifications (e.g., AWS Certified Developer, AWS Certified DevOps Engineer Professional, Google Certified Professional Cloud Architect, Google Certified Professional Cloud Developer)
- Experience influencing software engineering best practices with a team or organization
- Experience using Agile Software Development methodologies
What we offer you:
- Highly Competitive Mayor and Minor Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance.
- Teradata’s Pension Plan with 50% matching.
- Monthly Food and Restaurant Vouchers.
- Performance bonus aligned with your annual salary.
- Vacation days, Christmas bonus, and vacation bonus above the law standard.
In addition, our teams are encouraged to look for innovation, spending at least 1 week each quarter on development, learning new skills, and innovative technology/solutions.
Link to apply:
City: Mexico City
Community / Marketing Title: Staff DevOps Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Mexico City, Mexico MX