Senior DevOps Engineer
Location: Mexico City, CDMX, Mexico
Requisition Number: 213076
DevOps Engineer (SDLC Tools)
Location: 100 % Mexico City, Mexico MX
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well. As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world. In support of this, we are looking to expand our engineering presence in Mexico City.
Our Quality & Tools group enables our development teams to build world-class products for both on-premises and cloud-based solutions. Among of our tools and services, we manage and deliver integrated Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) tools.
If you enjoy the world of integrated SDLC tools, possess a data-driven mindset, and see yourself thriving as a member of one of our fast-paced, High-Performance teams, then this might be the right opportunity for you.
Responsibilities (shall include but not be limited to):
- Help enable self-service by configuring, implementing, and maintaining our Enterprise SDLC tools and integrations
- Drive tooling improvements used for continuous integration, automated testing and diagnostics
- Prioritize and execute critical and blocking issues in a timely fashion
- Troubleshoot and support SDLC tools on Linux & Windows systems
- Participate in day-to-day infrastructure operations using ITIL practices via ITSM, e.g., incidents, problems, changes, service requests
- Participate in the team on-call rotation to ensure 24x7 availability SLAs are met (as needed)
- Create and maintain architectural and logical diagrams and support documentation
- Track work -- features, stories, and tasks -- using Jira (Agile / Kanban)
Required Skills and Experience (you will need to be successful):
- Bachelor's degree in a Technology field
- 2 or more years of experience supporting Enterprise SDLC tools
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Time management and organizational skills
- Team player who:
- Collaborates with other team members and cross-functional teams
- Delivers on team commitments
- Possess the social aptitude to work with geographically distributed and culturally diverse teams
- Adapts to change with workloads, processes, business needs, and company culture
- Technical Influencer who:
- Exhibits a growth mindset for improving and automating processes that result in customer satisfaction and business value
- Communicates effectively and manages the expectations of others (Ex: team members, management, customers)
- Experience in:
- Implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance support of enterprise applications / tools on Linux & Windows VMs running on VMware
- Ability to dive in and debug live product systems (Ex: integrations issues, spotting anomalous service behavior, and determining the root cause of incidents)
- Versions control system with branching and merging (Ex: Git, SVN)
- Multiple build tools (Ex: Visual Studio, Xcode, Make, Jenkins, TeamCity)
- Container technology - Docker or Kubernetes
- Troubleshooting languages/environment (Ex: Java, python, groovy, shell)
- Package managers (Ex: apt, yum)
- Working knowledge of:
- Databases (Ex: PSQL MySQL (HA, hot spare and tuning)
- Apache - Tomcat ( troubleshooting and tuning web services )
- Java - JVM JRE ( tuning JVM troubleshooting and managing)
- Load balancers - ELB, Nginx (reverse proxy)
- Experience in GitLab or GitHub
- Knowledge of AWS services - Experience running systems in AWS, EC2, ELB (network, application, classic) a plus Experience with GitLab or GitHub
- Experience scripting with Python, shell, or Java
What we offer you:
- Highly Competitive Mayor and Minor Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance.
- Teradata’s Pension Plan with 50% matching.
- Monthly Food and Restaurant Vouchers.
- Performance bonus aligned with your annual salary.
- Vacation days, Christmas bonus, and vacation bonus above the law standard.
In addition, our teams are encouraged to look for innovation, spending at least 1 week each quarter on development, learning new skills, and innovative technology/solutions.
City: Mexico City
Community / Marketing Title: Senior DevOps Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Mexico City, Mexico MX