Senior DevOps Engineer
Location: Mexico City, Mexico City, Mexico
Requisition Number: 213076
Senior DevOps Engineer
Location: Mexico City, Mexico MX
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well. As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world. In support of this, we are looking to expand our engineering presence in Mexico City.
We are building an engineering team to create the processes and tooling needed to efficiently develop, test, and release Vantage, the next generation Cloud-based data platform that is optimized for cost and performance, while providing elastic compute and storage to process, store, transfer, and protect data great products. This is your opportunity to be part of the team that’s empowering engineering teams to work smarter. As part of our Product Engineering organization, you’ll collaborate with peers and other leaders to develop and drive execution of strategic initiatives to enable development to more successfully delivery on cloud first data analytics platforms and services.
- Design, deploy, and support new and existing Cloud CI/CD platforms that facilitate software product delivery
- Enable product engineering teams by driving services that accelerate the product engineering process
- Work with supported delivery teams in specifying technical requirements to support centralized delivery platform/framework components
- Maintain system architecture documentation, runbooks, diagrams, and other associated assets in various repositories
- Collaborate with leadership and peers to define long term strategy delivery process and feature roadmaps
- Communicate effectively with other engineering team, QA, PMs and members of the leadership team
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionally with other internal and external partner teams and organizations
- Provide technical guidance to peers and leaders
- Collaborate and work as part of a team
- Experience using Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC) and (Configuration-as-Code) tooling (preference for Terraform, Ansible, and Vagrant)
- 4+ years of hands-on software development experience
- Demonstratable proficiency in at least one modern general-purpose programing language (strong preference for Python)
- Experience working with SCM and continuous integration tooling (such as GitHub, GitLab, Jenkins, or similar)
- Experience and understanding of professional software engineering practices and best practices for full software development lifecycle (SDLC), including coding standards, code reviews, source code management, build and integration processes, software testing, and operations
- Experience building service on at least one of the primary public cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, or GCP)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a technology related field (e.g., Engineering, Computer Science, etc.) required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Deep passion for quality and customer focus
- Proficiency in CI/CD and DevOps principles and practices and their implementation
- Cloud Infrastructure Engineering / Architecture experience with AWS, GCP, and/or Azure
- Pervasive knowledge of many CI/CD tooling systems and understanding of the tooling options both proprietary and open source software
- Experience with Docker container related technologies like Kubernetes, Mesos, etc..
- Cloud Software Developer Certifications (e.g. AWS Certified Developer , AWS Certified DevOps Engineer Professional, Google Certified Professional Cloud Architect, Google Certified Professional Cloud Developer)
- Experience influencing software engineering best practices with a team or organization
- Experience using Agile Software Development methodologies
💥 GREAT BENEFITS!
Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary plus above law benefits that include:
• Restaurant & Grocery vouchers
• Savings fund with company match
• Annual performance bonus
• Life & health Insurance
• Dental & Vision plan
• Medical discount card for family
• Employee discounted stock purchasing plan (ESPP).
• Optional pensions plan.
• Flexible working model.
Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
City: Mexico City
Community / Marketing Title: Senior DevOps Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Mexico City, Mexico MX