Location: Prague, Prague, Czechia
Requisition Number: 213033
Position Title: Teradata DBA
- Manage and support production databases as well as development databases to ensure maximum availability of database resource for various applications
- Should perform the DBA related tasks in key areas of System Administration, Database Administration, Backup, Archive & Restore Management, Performance Management & Reporting
- Perform Performance monitoring and tuning, Strategies defined for backup/recovery techniques, and problem determination and resolution.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Manage Production/Development databases in the following areas
- User Management
- Security Management
- Space Management
- Backup and Recovery
- Workload Management
- Performance Tuning& Performance Reporting
- Unix Shell and Batch Scripting
- System Performance monitoring using Teradata Viewpoint.
- Exposure to Teradata tools like Teradata Administrator/SQL Assistant /TSET etc.
- User, Objects and Security management as per Teradata Best practices.
- Exposure to backup and restore process using Veritas netBackup(TARA)/netvault/Tivoli etc.
- Exposure to manage the Development/QA boxes.
- Exposure as an Development DBA.
- Well conversant with various ticketing system/production change request/ Teradata Incident management.
- Exposure to MVC, Capacity planning and performance Management.
- Exposure to troubleshoot the FastLoad / Multiloading/ FastExport/ BTEQ/ TPT and should be good at error handling.
- Exposure to TASM/TDWM.
- Exposure to DWH Env (Knowledge of ETL/DI/BI Reporting).
- Exposure to Teradata Utilities.
- Coordinate Software/Hardware Upgrade Activities.
- Exposure to Unix Shell and Batch Scripting.
- Exposure to PDCR Reporting and Analysis.
- Engineering education
- 3+ years of DBA experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in the English language.
- Willingness to travel – both short-term and long-term
Skills & Attributes
- Working experience as an DBA in Teradata or Oracle
- Should have worked in Unix platforms.
- Good presentation, communication skills.
- Good team player and ability to mentor small groups
- Should be able to lead a small team.
Desirable Skills :-
- ITIL Foundation Certification
- Understanding of Logical Data Model/Physical Data Model.
- Understanding of Normalization and De-normalization concept.
- Ability to write efficient SQL & exposure to query tuning.
- Should have good working knowledge on UNIX shell scripting.
- Should have good understanding of data archive/restore policies.
- Should be good at automating various processes.
- Should be good at users/objects/rights management.
- Some experience in an environment where ETL/BI tools such as Informatica, DataStage, OWB, Hyperion, Business Objects, SAS, and Microstrategy were an important part of the environment.
- Experience with Teradata in a cloud environment (public or private) a plus.
Community / Marketing Title: Teradata DBA
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Prague, Praha CZ