Software Engineering Intern
Location: Allentown, Pennsylvania, United States
Requisition Number: 213015
Our summer internship program lasts 10-12 weeks beginning in May/June and ending in August/September. The location for this position will be anywhere in the US and virtual. Fast-paced, flexible, fun. The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata.
Quality Test Automation (QTA) team is building the next generation of automated tests and tools to support Teradata’s Cloud-first approach and its test automation framework called Test-as-a-Service (TaaS).
These tools provide end to end automation including test scheduling, test execution, test data collection, and data analysis for an ecosystem of engineers working on the worlds most advanced database systems. These tests help to verify Teradata’s most critical features at scale. Be a core part of the team by leveraging your coding and DevOps experience to diagnose issues, contribute code, and provide solutions for customers of the Test-as-a-Service platform.
The QTA Team is seeking a highly motivated engineering Intern to perform research and development for building cloud-ready testing.
Your Business Objectives would include:
- Work independently, with an assigned mentor and with other team members of a very strong development team on challenging and exciting assignments.
- Participate in development of cloud-ready tools for end-to-end automation testing.
- Become familiar working with SQL, Python, Jenkins, Docker, and uncover the power of massive amounts of data.
- Must be enrolled in BS/MS degree program, pursuing a Computer Science or related degree. With graduation dates between December 2022-June 2024.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Experience with TenserFlow and Keras or similar Machine Learning tools with Python or C++, and Java programming skills
- Exposure to SQL and various database concepts and internals
- Working knowledge of Linux operating system
- Experience with Teradata and Cloud technologies a plus
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the firstname.lastname@example.org inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineering Intern
Job Category: College & Interns
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: Allentown, Pennsylvania US