Director, Financial Planning
Location: San Diego, California, United States
Requisition Number: 213008
The Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) Director supports the VP of FP&A in support of the company’s forecasting, planning, financial reporting and analysis processes. This individual manages a small team in support of these critical responsibilities.
We will consider virtual candidates in the United States for this opening. Candidates located near an office (San Diego, Atlanta, etc) will work in a hybrid in-office/work-from-home model.
- Owner of corporate forecasting and results analysis processes including consolidation, reporting and analysis of costs centers and profit centers
- Runs annual financial planning process for the company
- Manages a small, high performance team that supports all FP&A related activities
- Supports quarterly earnings release including 10Q and 10K reporting
- Development of board meeting financial presentations delivered by CFO
- Updates internal financial reporting requirements resulting from accounting changes or strategy changes
- Ad Hoc reporting and analysis as required
- Works with Tax and Treasury to also forecast and plan for Cash Flow, Balance Sheet, and Capital Plans
- Determines and implements process improvements and opportunities for automation of FP&A processes
- Participates in cross functional company initiatives and systems initiatives that impact the financial management of the company
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or other related Business discipline
- MBA a plus
- 10+ years of relevant corporate finance experience
- Demonstrated financial/analytical skills gained through formal education or work experience.
- Knowledge of accounting principles
- Knowledge of BI Tools, Hyperion Planning, Hyperion Enterprise, Data Warehousing
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work under pressure, multi task and due dates
- Strong interpersonal skills
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Director, Financial Planning
Job Category: Finance
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US