Cloud Implementation Manager
Location: Melbourne VIC, Australia
Requisition Number: 213003
Cloud Implementation Manager
Location: Melbourne Australia
The Cloud Implementation Manager is responsible for the overall customer migration of large global clients to the Cloud (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure). This role includes ownership of technical and service elements related to cloud migration project engagements. Specifically, this individual will be responsible as the single point of contact for:
STAKEHOLDER MANAGEMENT & COMMUNICATION
- Lead the various project managers from Teradata, Customers, and Partners combining the schedule and activities into an overall Program plan.
- Lead regular meetings & communications with Executive teams.
- Work with Go-To-Market (GTM) team to gather appropriate information
- Determine Scope and complexity
- Set customer expectations of the process and the roles & responsibilities
- Identify potential 'hot spots' and ensure best practices have been applied
- Lead Partners, Customers, and various Teradata functions
- Work with the customer on migration planning activities including other parts of the ecosystem (ETL, BI, and Analytic Applications).
- Coordinate cross-functional activities with Customer, TD Consulting and/or Partner(s)
- Orchestrate the on-boarding activities with the customer, TD, and Cloud Service Provider (CSP).
- Lead the customer, TD Consulting and/or Partner(s) on migration development activities including other parts of the ecosystem (ETL, BI, and Analytic Applications).
- Manage the functional and performance testing and troubleshooting of the applications
- Manage data migration, validation, and data catchup
- Manage security & privacy changes
- Manage workload management changes
- Manage performance remediation assistance
- Manage initial system issues to resolution
- Manage turnover to operations
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Assist in the refinement of playbook for successful cloud migrations with lessons learned
- Capture best practices & lessons learned
- Develop relationships and governance for each Cloud Migration with the customer, partners, and Teradata stakeholders.
- Manage overall customer experience before, immediately proceeding, and during Cloud Migration
- Develop in-depth understanding of the customer’s objectives in migrating to the Cloud.
- Engage at all levels of the customer from the Senior Executives to the Database Administrator (DBA)
- Develop strong relationships and build advocacy with key decision makers at Customers.
- In conjunction with the Account Executive and other members of the account team, create a communication and set accountability during the migration.
- Identify risks/issues for the migration and the corresponding mitigation strategy for each.
- Work closely with Teradata Customer Support (CS&S), Global Support (GSO), and the Cloud Migration (CM), Cloud Operations, Teradata Consulting teams to ensure appropriate resources are assigned as necessary.
- Create and generate communication plan for each Cloud Migration.
- Engage with the customer and partners to ensure tasks outside of Teradata are understood and being executed.
- Identify and provide context for potential service or other opportunities.
- Lead other Implementation Managers in America’s including mentoring and best practices
- Work with the Global Leader on overall governance for Cloud Migrations
- Advocate & train on Cloud Migration Playbook and best practices to internal teams and Partners.
Education and Experience Required
- BS or Masters degree in business, technical or professional discipline or equivalent work experience.
- 15 plus years IT industry or related experience, with an “IT worldly” perspective.
- Broad experience within the Data domain (Data Warehouse, BI, Data Management, Data Analytics, Advanced Analytics, Big Data, etc.), being able to create solid and trustful working relationships with customers, understand their business strategy and priorities, and use Data & Analytics as an enabler to guide their migration efforts.
- Proven experience in customer relationship management.
- Experience and ability to work in a matrixed organization.
- Business management experience including engagement management experience with multiple project streams and complex EIM or Analytics implementations.
- Experience in data & analytics ecosystem products. Knowledge in ETL, BI, and analytic tools that partner with Teradata.
- Strong consultative, communicative, writing, and presentation skills.
- A people, customer, and team orientation.
- A motivated, proactive, organized and “self-starting” attitude and working style. Strong personal and team goal orientation.
- Expertise in developing and delivering working documents that communicate and corroborate complex ideas.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated consultative approach to business problem solving internally or with the client/prospects and/or partners.
- Experience identifying key business opportunities and initiatives, solutions and overall strategy for meeting business objectives.
- Ability to scope and create action plans through business needs analysis which include critical thinking and analytical reasoning that identifies the business opportunity with the most compelling ROI analysis, business benefits, acceptable risk profiles, and success factors.
- Operates with an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Innovative and resourceful.
- Ability to work flexibly in a rapidly changing, ambiguous and often pressure-filled environment.
- Ability to influence and coach others. High level of personal integrity.
- Have a proven high level of initiative, self-motivation, and enthusiasm.
- Thinks strategically and laterally when making decisions and solving problems.
- Ability to transform strategy into results.
- Excellent presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
Community / Marketing Title: Cloud Implementation Manager
Job Category: Services
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Melbourne, Victoria AU