Software Engineering Intern
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Requisition Number: 212996
Our summer internship program lasts 10-12 weeks beginning in May/June and ending in August/September. The location for this position will be anywhere in the US and virtual. Fast-paced, flexible, fun. The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse, and collaborative environment that is Teradata.
The heart of Teradata is its best-in-class query optimization engine. We work on query optimization techniques, automation mechanisms, machine learning algorithms, scalability and elasticity issues, and many other exciting challenges. The query optimization group at Teradata has an opening for summer software engineering intern. During this internship, you are expected to contribute to the design, development, and testing of new enhancements and advanced features for Teradata. Our summer internship program lasts 10-12 weeks beginning in May/June and ending in August/September. Fast-paced, flexible, fun. The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata.
- Investigate and design advanced query optimization and optimized analytics techniques
- Perform hands-on work on Teradata’s optimizer engine
- Perform benchmarks in various systems
- Work effectively in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders.
- Must be enrolled in an MS/Ph.D. degree program in Computer Science, Engineering, or other relevant discipline
- Top-notch programming skills, preferably in C++
- Passionate, self-motivated, and team-oriented
- Solid fundamentals in Software Engineering (Data Structures, Algorithms…)
- Understanding of database fundamentals and SQL Programming
- Familiarity with distributed processing of large data sets (e.g. MapReduce, Hadoop)
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- GPA of 3.5 or higher
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the email@example.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineering Intern
Job Category: College & Interns
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: Charlotte, North Carolina US