Cloud Analytic Migrations Research Intern
Location: San Diego, California, United States
Requisition Number: 212978
Our summer internship program lasts 10-12 weeks beginning in May/June and ending in August/September. The location for this position will be virtual as Teradata has not fully re-opened offices yet. Fast-paced, flexible, fun. The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse, and collaborative environment that is Teradata.
- Review the common analytic ecosystem architecture patterns to identify top considerations for automated migration to cloud. Where suitable, develop and protype applicable steps of the migration to be automated.
- List with basic design patterns for current analytic ecosystems (builds on existing work by Teradata teams)
- Short-listed opportunities or ideas for automation (developed with the help of input from various teams/disciplines)
- Initial design of the process and steps for migration of the analytic capabilities to a cloud ecosystem
- Hands-on development and prototyping of at least 1 applicable component or tool needed as a part of the proposed process *there are several good candidates to consider and team/skill availability will influence the selection.
- Must be enrolled in BS/MS degree program. With graduation dates between December 2022-June 2024.
- Basic understanding of data management and analytics, with either a focus in the data architecture, business intelligence, or data science disciplines (or a combination).
- Working knowledge in cloud technologies and cloud architecture
- Experience or knowledge of Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and Amazon Web Services
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Cloud Analytic Migrations Research Intern
Job Category: College & Interns
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US