Benefits Specialist - remote
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Requisition Number: 212959
Teradata is seeking to hire 2 Benefits Specialists for roles within the Global Benefits Department in the Total Rewards organization. This role will support Teradata’s benefit programs including health, income protection, wellness, retirement, and other perks. The focus of the role will be on the US benefit programs with opportunities to participate in global benefits projects outside of the US as well. This is an opportunity to work in a high-tech company that is a recognized leader in data and analytics.
We will consider virtual candidates in the United States for this opening. Candidates located near an office (San Diego, Atlanta, etc) will work in a hybrid in-office/work-from-home model.
- Administer various benefit programs, which may include medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, FSA, and more
- Support annual Benefits Open Enrollment processes including new vendor implementation, system testing, and communications
- Monitor benefit enrollments, terminations, changes in coverage, and beneficiaries administered by our external partners and audit as necessary
- Respond to employee benefit inquiries both directly and indirectly through our Shared Services team
- Conduct new employee benefit orientations and provide other educational opportunities throughout the year
- Work with benefits vendors for the administration of benefit programs and to quickly resolve issues
- Support the administration related to financial benefit programs including 401(k) and ESPP
- Assist with 401(k) compliance including non-discrimination testing, 5500 form preparation, audit and other requirements
- Stay informed of regulatory requirements and changes surrounding benefit plans and administer compliance requirements accordingly
- Research, troubleshoot, and run reports in Workday and external Benefit vendor systems, related to benefit topics
- Utilize plan data to support decision making
- Test new business processes, systems modifications, and updates that impact benefit processing
- Maintain the integrity of benefits data by performing audits and reports
- Create and update benefits collateral, intranet site, and communications
- Build a documentation library to enhance employee self-service in the ServiceNow knowledge base
- Assist with the annual benefits renewal processes within different countries around the globe
- Watch for trends and implement wellness initiatives
- Put forth recommendations that align our benefits to our company culture and DE&I initiatives
- Document processes for Benefit programs
- Shadow Absence Management Specialist to learn more about leaves including federal and state programs
- Participate in RFPs for benefit vendors, coordinate responses, and summarize recommendations
- Support yearly benefits compliance tasks such as FSA reporting, PCORI fee, FSA non-discrimination testing
- Collaborate as needed with other internal teams, such as HR Business Partners, Payroll, Legal, Finance and more
- Additional projects as needed
Qualifications, Experiences, and Skills
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 2+ years of progressive Human Resources experience with an emphasis on benefits
- Understanding and knowledge of the benefits market and best practices
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Exposure to benefit plan laws, processes, compliance, and regulatory requirements
- Strong problem solving and issue resolution skills
- Highly proficient in excel with solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Have experience working with HR technology (ideally Workday) and Microsoft Office
In addition to these critical skills, to be effective in the role, candidates must:
- Be curious, a continuous learner with continuous improvement orientation
- Be able to work independently
- Be highly organized, detail-oriented, and self-motivated
- Be a logical- thinker, but also creative and can develop solutions
- Be professional and demonstrate good judgment and impeccable ethics
- Be results and customer-oriented, views obstacles as opportunities
- Be resourceful, thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment
- Be tech-savvy
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
Community / Marketing Title: Benefits Specialist - remote
Job Category: Human Resources
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Atlanta, Georgia US