Analyst , Global Incentive Compensation Administration
Location: Atlanta, GA, USA
Requisition Number: 212957
Teradata Corporation (NYSE: TDC) is the world’s largest company solely focused on Raising intelligence through data warehousing and enterprise business led analytics. Teradata offers powerful, analytical solutions that help businesses proactively manage their businesses and drive growth. Teradata™ solutions include the Teradata data warehouse and database, analytical applications, and services.
Built on a proven, world-class methodology, Teradata data warehouse services support data warehouse strategy development, planning, design, implementation, support and enhancement. Over 3,000 consultants deliver Teradata solutions in over 60 countries.
Businesses worldwide choose Teradata for its proven expertise in data warehousing, commitment to excellence and innovation, and best-in-class technology. To learn more, go to http://www.teradata.com.
The Analyst will deliver operational support and system administration of the company’s Global Compensation solution (Callidus Cloud) for variable incentive compensation to sales and professional services organizations. This operational delivery will include all aspects of incentive compensation delivery via payroll teams, sales and professional services communication and support, partnership with Human Resource Compensation Management and Finance planning organizations globally. This role will report to the Senior Manager - Global Incentive Compensation Administration as part of the Global Controllers Organization.
- Understand and support business partners’ requirements for Incentive Compensation plans and assist in the management of system setups and processes needed to support those requirements.
- Understand and support the Callidus compensation system, including managing data flows with Workday, ERP, HFM, IDW, and other related systems.
- Routinely audit technical inputs and take decisive action where required to drive accurate compensation calculations and crediting.
- Monitor system loads and escalate issues with ITS as needed for support.
- Lead and/or contribute to special projects such as system changes, business acquisitions and compensation plan changes.
- Review and understand Teradata’s Incentive Compensation Plans and how personnel are compensated with respect to positions and basis of measure.
- Manage compensation and support for assigned region / industries in adherence to the Incentive Compensation Guidelines. This includes timely management of associate changes, transaction details (e.g., backlog transfers), bonus audit, and explanation of compensation statements.
- Support the documentation of audit requirements for SOX compliance, Incentive Compensation Guideline adherence, and other internal control activities as required.
- Provide backup support for Callidus system administrator and other team members during time off and as needed to maintain workload management and meet service level deadlines.
- Ad-hoc projects and assignments as directed by management.
- Bachelor Degree, Accounting, Finance, or other related Business discipline.
- Incentive compensation administration experience in a large multinational company environment leveraging Callidus Cloud Solution
- Experience with business process and leading practices relating to incentive compensation plans and plan administration
- Practical experience with large scale ERP systems and Cloud Based Sales Compensation Solutions, preferably Callidus Cloud
- Implementation experience related to large scale Incentive Compensation tools, such as Callidus Cloud
- Experience with Workday HCM and US Payroll modules, preferred
Skills and Knowledge Required
- Ability to collaborate and partner with other team members and organizations to provide an overall superior level of service
- Ability to “take the lead” in researching and resolving compensation issues, as needed
- Ability to take ownership of special projects and effectively deliver positive results
- Technical and comprehensive knowledge of incentive compensation systems and processing
- Working knowledge of large scale ERP accounting environments/systems
- Operational accounting and process automation experience
- Understanding of US GAAP revenue recognition rules, preferably in the software environment
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the email@example.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
Community / Marketing Title: Analyst , Global Incentive Compensation Administration
Job Category: Finance
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Atlanta, Georgia US