Location: Pune, Maharashtra, India
Requisition Number: 212954
About the role:
Teradata, a leading data analytics company, is currently looking to hire experienced Cloud Development / Applications Engineers in various grades to be part of our growing Cloud Engineering and Services team in Pune, India.
Cloud Engineering and Services Group at Teradata, is designed to accelerate cloud adoption amongst our on-premise customers, it simplifies provisioning, deployment, migration, and management using automation and intuitive user experience. It provides ongoing management of the Teradata products and services on cloud (across different providers). It automates common activities such as change requests, monitoring, patch management, security, and backup services, and provides full-lifecycle services to provision, run, and support our customer’s data.
Teradata is looking for experienced Cloud Engineers who possess a balance of technical proficiency, functional domain knowledge, with strong communication skills. They will work closely with other team members to implement cloud solutions / services. It will be covering all stages and tasks within the entire development cycle of a cloud application / service. They may also participate in solution building for moving existing services and remodel it in native cloud architecture.
- Work with cross functional teams in Agile software development to design and automate test plans; create infrastructure and environments to run components and end-to-end integration tests at scale.
- Develop and integrate automation tests as part of CI/CD process to enable rapid development, build, deployment, test, and production release of Teradata Vantage Cloud and Applications on AWS, Azure and Google Cloud platforms.
- Develop deep understanding of features; proactively identify, troubleshoot and analyze software defects and risks independently
- Assist Cloud Engineers in the identification, reproduction and resolution of product defects
- Utilize understanding of quality engineering, DevOps, software engineering best practices and user experience to influence design and implementation approaches. The ideal candidate is a technically versatile team player with passion for quality.
- BSCS/MSCS degree or equivalent.
- 2+ years of experience in professional software/cloud engineering, including agile development.
- Strong test development & automation experience of Functional, Integration & UI tests (Python/RobotFramework based API testing, Web UI testing with Selenium Web Driver, Load Test with JMeter, etc.)
- Proven experience with AWS/Azure/Google Cloud platforms, micro-services, RESTful API-based architecture and networking.
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review tools (Git, Jenkins, Jira, etc.)
- Good working experience in engineering practices such as code reviews, unit test, static code analysis, code coverage analysis, software security, etc.
- Basic knowledge and experience with database and SQL.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Dive deep, detail-oriented and customer-focused.
Community / Marketing Title: Cloud Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Pune, Maharashtra IN