Service Experience Manager
Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico
Requisition Number: 212951
Service Experience Manager
Tijuana, BC , Mexico
Service Experience Managers are dedicated to helping our customers achieve operational excellence for their analytical ecosystem, which will drive customer satisfaction and increased Teradata consumption. Operational excellence will ensure our customers get the most value from their ecosystem investment. This role augments the account executives and solution architects who help our customers understand potential business value and options to apply analytic technology to capture that value.
Service Experience Managers execute their role by both delivering specific value-add services and by serving as a focal point overseeing ongoing operational services. Service Experience Managers will bring not only industry established rigor for operational excellence (ITIL/ITSM) but also build on observed best practices across our diverse customer base.
Service Experience Managers will assess where our customers are on their journey to operational excellence. This assessment will be built on ongoing shared metrics as well as formal review processes executed quarterly and annually. These assessments will help form clear plans to improve performance and drive greater value.
Service Experience Managers will be very focused on helping our customers actively manage operational risk. By reviewing the best information regarding operational risk-based for the customer’s specific environment we will bring recommendations forward and work with our customers to execute mitigation plans.
Service Experience Managers will have an oversight and support role in ongoing services and will monitor performance against SLAs and drive adjustments in resources or processes if required. When operational challenges arise the Service Experience Manager will be engaged to make sure Teradata brings our best forward to quickly resolve the issue. The Service Experience Manager bridges the various Teradata teams delivering ongoing services as needed to make sure activities are coordinated and working an integrated resolution plan.
Skills and Experience
- Prior experience with driving operational excellence at SaaS or data warehouse company
- High-level technical knowledge of data warehouse products and services (bring in SMEs for detailed technical info)
- Ability to manage a diverse workforce across on and off-shore delivery teams and cross-functional business units
- Strong client management and change management skills
- Experience across a number of industries to offer flexible staffing options or experience in a highly regulated industry (e.g., healthcare, financial services)
- Ability to drive successful delivery teams that continually evolve and improve our ability to execute on time and above expectations
Main tasks & key responsibilities
Drive operational excellence
- Assess customer’s ongoing analytical environment (e.g., ITSM assessment) from product and services perspective
- Provide recommendations to improve performance and value to the customer
- Actively manage operational risk (e.g., manage test, configuration)
- Provide expertise on industry / TDC best practice on operational excellence (e.g., ITIL, change management); industry-specific expertise only required for highly regulated verticals (e.g., healthcare, government)
- Facilitate collaboration and joint planning between services teams through the creation of services community focused around customer experience, elimination of overlaps, and creation of leverage between organizations when feasible (may require collaboration tool)
- Provide client-related knowledge management; ensure knowledge relative to the client is maintained and shared in a timely manner across teams
Manage service account
- Builds a trusted advisor relationship with customer teams (executive level vs. operational) responsible for production support and infrastructure mgmt.; liaises with SMEs (CS/MS) for technical or specific info on change and release mgmt. / operations mgmt.
- Manages communication of overall execution against contractual SLAs for operational and infrastructure support services to the customer
- Manages CS/MS on the delivery of specific proactive services as entitled (System Health reviews, Incident reviews, Risk items like tech alerts)
- Provides input on ongoing services contract renewal process
- Identify customer training needs and recommend appropriate coursework to improve use cases/business case (vs. technical)
Manage and track customer satisfaction
- Improve the customer experience by determining cross-functional process improvements either within TDC or with customer
- Advocate/program manage customer escalations cross-departmentally
- Articulate customer business needs to cross-functional organizations to improve, enhance existing offers or to create new services offers
- Survey customer experience and determine ways to improve customer satisfaction/NPS ratings
- Put proactive measures in place to get a 360-degree view of the customer (e.g., NPS, Incident surveys, Consumption/usage of system/services) to detect early signals of at-risk renewals and design a playbook to address risks
- Consolidate and report customer results and forecasts (high-level trends, highlight key exceptions, compare cross-functional delivery)
Manage incidents / events
- Manage customers onboarding TD (Cloud or on Premise), esp. integration of tools (e.g., ITSM, Viewpoint)
- Serve as a focal point for communication and incident management during critical events (e.g., facilitate communication between TD engineering and customer)
- Manages root cause analysis for critical incidents (esp. when cross-functional)
- Oversee post-critical event reviews focused on root caused and corrective actions (TD and Customer actions)
Manage service delivery
- Manage Service Delivery Fidelity (SOW compliance and action)
- Evaluate and communicate delivery and systems metrics / SLA achievement, and engage in value-based /roadmap activities and incorporate resultant plans reporting on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
- Manage resource oversight & coordination of ongoing operational resources (CS, MS) including new team member onboarding
Generate sales leads and support sales
- Identify and hand-off upsell opportunities
- Regularly meet with account team lead to discuss account strategy and future sales opportunities
- Regularly meet with EDC Engagement Partner to discuss account strategy and future sales opportunities
- Promote customer engagement in various TD forums (sales events, User groups, User forums)
- Assist and provide input in contract negotiations
Provide technical advice
- Provide ongoing, high-level technical leadership (Cloud and on-Premise) and align services mission/strategy for customers across multiple TDC service organizations
- Oversee provision of best practice guidance for managing environments and system change activities (e.g., assist with NPARC, upgrades, forklifts, PDCR configuration)
Community / Marketing Title: Service Experience Manager
Job Category: Customer Support
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tijuana, Mexico MX