Software Engineer, Sustaining Engineering
Location: San Diego, California, United States
Requisition Number: 212946
Teradata Software Engineers in Sustaining Engineering are key members of an expert team of support analysts, focused on delivering a myriad of deep-level technical support related assignments to both internal and external audiences. The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of the Teradata database and its associated tools and platforms along with the ability to clearly articulate support decisions and findings. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, creative, support analyst who is ready to contribute to Teradata's success. Teradata have three level of expertise to handle the customer issue related to Teradata software. Sustaining engineering is the highest level of expertise. This individual is responsible to give final resolution for the customer issue.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Product / problem analysis to get to root cause of defect in Teradata database software.
- Implement software fix, perform tests and merge in to code base for software defect reported in DR (Discrepancy Report) or JIRA.
- Interface into other organizations (internal and external). Ability to maneuver cross-organizationally and demonstrate a high-level of professionalism. Ability to deliver succinct and concise presentations
Skills & Attributes
The ideal candidate is an acknowledged Teradata expert with strong interpersonal and communications skills, excellent analytical skills, ability to plan and organize. The successful candidate will have the ability to lead, mentor and transfer knowledge to others. They will have experience in high performance computing environments.
- BS in Computer Science or other technical discipline with 1-2 years of related experience
- Or, Master’s in Computer Science with 0-1 years of related experience
- Good understanding of database product
- Experience in Teradata or other database product best practices
- Experience with or knowledge of software structured as a collection of processes using message system primitives
- Good language skills and writing ability
- Ability to understand and work with complex software and parallel processing.
- Cultural awareness
- Working experience of SUSE LINUX operating systems
- Considerable experience programming with C and C++ programming language
- Considerable experience programming with Java programming language
- Considerable experience programming with Python programming language
- Considerable experience of system software programming
- Experience analyzing data
- Closed Loop/Corrective Action experience
- Experience with application programming
- Association with a development environment
- SQL experience
- 24x7 operation may require working alternate shifts or being part of an on-call rotation
- Global organization
- Some travel will be required
- International travel may be required
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the email@example.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer, Sustaining Engineering
Job Category: Customer Support
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US