Account Executive - Food & Beverage
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 212945
Account Executive – Food & Beverage
Job Category: Sales
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Are you passionate about making companies smarter? Teradata provides end-to-end solutions and services in big data, analytics and data warehousing enabling companies to become a data-driven business. We are looking for people who share our vision to join our team of more than 10,000 associates around the globe.
The Account Executive is responsible for end to end strategic account management to drive the profitable sales of Teradata solution portfolio products into targeted accounts in the Manufacturing Industry.
- Develops and maintains strategy for overall engagement with client to close deals and drive ARR growth
- Identify and understand needs of clients and plan/engage the internal resources to strategically position Teradata solutions to match client needs
- Regularly runs meetings with account team to discuss and align around account strategy and future sales opportunities
- Capitalize on broad industry knowledge and contacts to uncover new business opportunities and position Teradata solutions
- Develop new business opportunities and close new account business aligned with Teradata sales strategy
- Effectively advise and influence customers through consultative selling techniques
- Understands client’s key business initiatives, key problems, and competitive environment and recognizes and can articulate how Teradata solutions could be applied
- Rely on excellent leadership and interpersonal skills to initiate and maintain C-suite and executive level relationships
- Knowledgeable of Teradata solutions and services
Skills & Attributes
- A successful candidate should be driven, creative, a self-starter and strategic thinker.
- Must possess the ability to lead, advise and advocate for customers.
- Demonstrate account management discipline
- Strong executive presence
- Ideal candidate would have intimate knowledge/experience that directly resonates with assigned accounts, especially in Manufacturing
- 5+ years’ experience selling software & services specifically in the analytics and data management space
- Demonstrated success in sales. 75%+ success record for making sales goals
- Demonstrated success developing new account opportunities to C-Level executives
- Bachelors Degree (required) Masters is preferred.
- Previous experience selling Analytics, Big Data, and Data Warehousing solutions
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
Community / Marketing Title: Account Executive - Food & Beverage
Job Category: Sales
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dallas, Texas US