Junior Data Integration Consultant
Location: Cairo, Cairo Governorate, Egypt
Requisition Number: 212924
The Junior Data Integration Consultant specializes in the design and development of the ETL and ELT environment, processes, programs, and scripts to acquire data from source systems and apply the data to the tables in the database. This individual must have the skills necessary to understand the overall data warehouse architecture. The Consultant designs and builds the ETL environment with the specific toolset required by the client. The Junior DI Consultant participates in making decisions on database design and overall solution architecture.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Capture ETL Requirements
- Design, develop, test, support processes for extracting, transforming and loading data from source systems to DWH and Data Marts
- Design the processes to meet service level agreements for data timeliness and frequency
- Analyze and optimization current solutions, physical model optimization, query tuning
- Mentoring junior members of the team in data integration development best practices
- Analyze and improve query and solution performance, optimize physical model
- Developing project deliverable documentation
- Knowledge of any enterprise relational database (Teradata, Oracle, IBM)
- Knowledge of one of industrial ETL tool (Informatica, DataStage, ODI, SAS DI or others)
- Strong SQL and Shell scripting
- 1+ years of experience with DWH and 3+ Data Engineering experience
- Experience in implementing ETL solutions for large, enterprise-grade customers
- Experience in implementing ETL solutions in Hadoop environment is an advantage
- Knowledge of MPP system – Teradata, is an advantage
- Knowledge of any programming language (Java, Python, Scala and others) is an advantage
- Any ETL tools, DB certified is an advantage
- Experience Unix/Linus OS
- Experience in Enterprise Data Warehouse SQL Optimization
- Experience using Jira, Git, Jenkins is an advantage
- Knowledge of Metadata driven approach is an advantage
- Experience in Physical Model Optimization
- Advanced Communication skills: being able to communicate with heads of business departments
Teradata is not your average place to work: we are inspiring and passionate people with a dynamic, relaxed and collaborative culture. This is your chance for you to join an organization with ambitious growth targets, where you can make your mark and shape the future.
Teradata is an equal opportunity employer in all aspects of our business. We are excited by the unique qualities, abilities, and perspectives each person brings, and candidates are considered on all the fundamentals they may bring to the role and the team.
State: Al Qahirah
Community / Marketing Title: Junior Data Integration Consultant
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Cairo, Al Qahirah EG