WW Lead Financial Services
Location: Wallingford, Connecticut, United States
Requisition Number: 212916
Title: WW Lead Financial Services
Location: Global, virtual
Teradata is the leading connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics. We are cloud-first and partner led in driving business outcomes for our customers. Our data platform is extensible, providing fundamental capabilities to enable our customers to build and/or buy solutions leveraging Teradata’s modern partner ecosystem. And our cloud business is growing triple digits on a path to exceed $1B by 2025!
We have over 40 years of extremely deep industry experience, serving the largest enterprises, and managing massive amounts of the most complex and mission critical data in the world. Our 40-year pedigree provides us a unique position and perspective of the evolving data and analytics needs of large enterprises, including a command over the high impact industry use cases that create transformational business value. Our advanced technology offering has been designed to meet the needs of core industries, as well as balance the demands of IT & Business leaders. And the ability to deliver real business outcomes embeds our GTM teams deeply within customers, as we speak their language, we speak their KPIs and we speak their objectives.
Teradata’s GTM strategy is aligned to this industry expertise and positioning with dedicated industry experts deployed across the globe, organized in our three geographic regions: Americas, EMEA, and APJ. We are building and activating a WW Industry team to provide global leadership for regions and across functions within the company. The WW Lead of Financial Services will be a core member of this team, providing leadership for the Financial Services industry/industries. This role will report into the SVP WW Industry Business Development & Solutions leader with the following responsibilities.
- Drive thought leadership for the Financial Services industry/industries, including a deep understanding of key trends and themes within the industry/industries related to data and analytics
- Build a deep perspective on the maturity of data and analytics within the Financial Services industry/industries, including know-how of best-in-class practices and industry examples, an industry benchmark and maturity model
- Build and continuously tune an Industry Use Case Map containing all high impact use cases for the Financial Services industry/industries, incl. linkage of use cases to business value, data domains, KPIs etc. Drive the adoption of the industry use case map across functions: sales, partner, enablement, marketing, services, customer success, and product.
- Partner cross-functionally with marketing and sales enablement to identify and build expansion sales plays based on the industry use case map
- Support with use case solutioning, identifying the best solution implementation to deliver on use cases, including identification of key partners to support solutions being deployed or built on the Teradata Vantage platform
- Partner with marketing to identify key industry events that Teradata should participate within, including region and territory specific events, and support participation through content coordination, presentations and in-person attendance
- Provide support to the External Analyst team to influence industry analysts on Teradata’s capabilities and credibility
- Present and influence a compelling Teradata vision with the most strategic customers across regions, including participation in Executive Briefings, 1:1 or 1:few customer meetings, support with account planning, business value assessments and sales play execution
- Lead Virtual Industry Community/Communities (global/cross-regional) for Financial Services industry/industries, bringing together a community of industry experts and account teams across the globe and enabling knowledge sharing, curation of collateral and assets, sharing of customer case studies, driving global initiatives etc.
- Work proactively and hyper-collaboratively across the company and key functions to support Industry execution:
- Product: work collaboratively influencing product roadmap and capability alignment to industry use cases, and industry data models
- GTM Enablement: sales play/campaign prioritization, scoping, and execution
- Marketing: In partnership with portfolio marketing, industry thought leadership, industry event identification/participation, sales asset production, and demand generation campaign execution
- Consulting: IC related service offerings, input into use case solutioning
- Partner: use case centric demos, CSP Industry programs, industry clouds, reference architectures, ISV targeting
- Embrace, exude, and influence company core principles - customer & market driven, agility in execution, accountability to each other, and people centric with a focus on DEI.
The ideal candidate profile:
- Deep industry expertise within Financial Services industry/industries
- Experience building frameworks, assets and collateral, and landing these into execution with clear and measurable results and impact
- Large enterprise market segment experience working within and/or with complex multi-national businesses
- Experience and knowledge of the market and insights related to cloud, data, analytics with deep familiarity influencing both IT and Line of Business senior leaders
- Great communicator and motivator with a proven track record of cross-functional collaboration and influence, customer focus, and a source of both clarity and energy
- Proven ability to lead and inspire teams without direct line management to the highest level of engagement and outcomes
- Track record of reliably delivering and contributing to sales team over performance
- Naturally hyper-collaborative, able to influence without authority, effective at driving alignment, clarity, and energy across diverse groups and functions, and with a very clear bias for action
- Operationally rigorous with an attention to detail needed to turn plans into execution, and execution into results.
- 10-15 years experience
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the email@example.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
Community / Marketing Title: WW Lead Financial Services
Job Category: Sales
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wallingford, Connecticut US