Staff Software Engineer
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Requisition Number: 212913
Teradata Corporation is looking for a driven Staff Software Architect to join Teradata Engineering services. The successful candidate will be responsible for architecting and enabling tools and services which can be leveraged in our software delivery and CICD process. The candidate will be using Python and other advanced scripting languages to develop POCs and automation towards integrating tools and services with our delivery and CICD process across On-premise and Multi cloud environments.
Staff Software Engineer – Engineering Services:
Education / Experience Requirements:
- The role requires both broad technology knowledge and the ability to architect a solution by translating customer requirements to end-to-end technology solution
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Electronics with 10+ years of experience in Developing, Architecting and Maintaining tools and services for software delivery, security and testing for large-scale enterprise systems on both on-premise and cloud
- The Ideal candidate should be results oriented, working within a collaborative team environment and should have:
- Experience with Architecting solutions for Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, Sonar, Black duck, Coverity and similar toolsets
- Hands on experience of JIRA cloud implementation and integration
- Hands on experience in designing and developing enterprise grade tools for software delivery management and create POCs as required
- Strong coding skills in Python, Groovy and Selenium
- Hands on experience for automating business process, system maintenance functions
- Ability to generate High/medium/low level design and other documents for solutions
- Strong proficiency in one of the public cloud environments (AWS, AZURE, GCP).
- Knowledge on application monitoring and scripting for cost optimization on cloud is added advantage
- Knowledge on GUI development and Atlassian cloud development with micro services is added advantage
- Willingness to learn new technologies and tools and quick ramp up
- Very good problem-solving skills
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Understand the company’s needs and define specifications, architect technical solutions, develop prototypes for evaluation and drive them thru implementation
- Collaborate with various engineering partners for developing software solutions, integration options and drive adoption
- Document the design proposals using flow charts, layouts, diagrams, charts etc
- Identify opportunities for new tools & services, define framework of solutions and develop end to end services following micro service architecture
- Design and Develop “as a service” models on top of existing DevOps tools to simplify and accelerate the delivery process in On-premise and Multi Cloud environments
- Influence and propose solutions and drive to implement by adhering to the coding standards and best practices
- Collaborate with external vendors for additional features/licensing as needed
- Identify automation areas in tools maintenance and driving end to end implementation- Service Engineering/Administration of 3rd party and Inhouse tools
- Deploy solutions based on the target system specifications
- Monitor tools utilization and optimize to drive efficiencies
- Individual Contributor
- Team Player
- Reports to Engineering Manager/Director
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Staff Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN