Location: Prague, Prague, Czechia
Requisition Number: 212902
Role: Business Analyst
Job Location: Prague
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Teradata’s Global Delivery Center (GDC) brings together data enthusiasts from all corners of the world to support our customers within the EMEA region. We analyze their business needs and address them with the most sophisticated data solutions including Data Warehouses, Data Lakes, Operational Data Stores and much more.
The Teradata Business Analyst’s role is a multi-faceted role, active as part of end-to-end project delivery.
Teradata Business Analysts are responsible for the delivery of the business analysis, data analysis, data mappings and business testing within the Teradata services delivery and must have a deep understanding of the fine points of the data arena: data warehousing, big data, data usage, in order to extract the correct requirements from our clients and correctly design solution from data perspective.
The role requires potential traveling across the EMEA region.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
As a Business Analyst, you are responsible for the business analysis, data analysis, data mappings and business testing workstreams using Teradata methodologies and processes, including activities such as but not limited to:
- Workstream scoping, planning and execution
- Requirements elicitation, clarification and management of associated documentation
- Communication and stakeholder management
- Prototyping and UAT
- 5+ years’ experience in Business/Data Analyst or similar position
- Knowledge/Experience in Data warehousing or big data
- Advanced knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of Data Integration principlpes
- Knowledge of prototyping techniques
- Experience with requirements documentation and information gathering techniques
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Working effectively in multi-disciplinary and cross-organizational teams
- Flexibility in working from Prague (Czech Republic) with business trips abroad if required by the customer
- Excellent written and oral English, with experience preparing and managing documentation of senior-level client deliverables
- EU citizenship
- Employment Type - Full Time
- Degree in Business Management, Computer Science or other related area is desirable
- Familiarity with both traditional and agile IT project delivery and development cycles
- Focus on detail, resourcefulness, decisiveness, good problem-solving skills, flexibility and adaptability
- Experience with Data integration software
- Proficiency with BI tools: specification, development, and use (e.g. PowerBI, Tableau, QlikView, BO, MicroStrategy, Cognos)
- Experience with requirements management tools (e.g. JIRA, Jama, Trello)
- User experience with DataOps tools and principles (Git, Jenkins, code automation tools)
- Awarenes of public cloud platfoms (AWS, MS Azure, GCP) principles and features
- Any other European language
What we offer:
- World-class technical training within Teradata University
- Every new hire gets a detailed training plan containing on-site training about Teradata Vantage architecture
- 25 days of holiday a year, 3 sick days and various other time off to enjoy special occasions
- Flexibility of working from home and from our fully equipped office in the 24th floor of the second tallest building in Prague.
- Private medical care
- Meal vouchers
- Company’s contribution for the Pension fund
- Life insurance
- Company’s assistance in case of sickness (25% of your gross base salary) in addition to local regulations
- Employee referral program (4,000$ USD)
- Relocation bonus (if coming to Prague from abroad)
- Sports and activities membership program
- Language courses for employees
- Employee stock purchase program
- Contribution of 300$ USD for a mobile phone of your choice (every 2 years)
Community / Marketing Title: Business Analyst
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Prague, Praha CZ