Location: Pune, Maharashtra, India
Requisition Number: 212877
Role: Hadoop Admin (Platform Support)
Providing Administrative Support for Teradata Customers on Hadoop platforms. Typically, these customers may have 24/7 contracts, and the successful applicant must be prepared to work in shifts and also be on-call to support customer site/s per contractual obligations.
The Hadoop Administrator manages and controls the Hadoop System environment for Teradata customers. The Hadoop Administrator requires specific technical knowledge about the administration and control of the Hadoop System, including the associated operating system, related tools, network, and hardware.
Minimum Requirements –
- Minimum experience of 3-4 years in Managing and Supporting large scale Production Hadoop environments (configuration management, monitoring, and performance tuning) in any of the Hadoop distributions (Apache, Hortonworks, Cloudera, MapR, IBM BigInsights, Pivotal HD)
- 1-2 years of experience in Scripting Language (Linux, SQL, Python).
- Should be good in shell scripting
- 3-4 years of experience on Administrative activities likes-
Administration, maintenance, security, configuration, process scheduling, and errors.
- Management of data, users, and job execution on the Hadoop System
- Experience in Backup, Archival and Recovery (BAR)
- Knowledge of support hardware and software installation and upgrades.
- 3-4 years of Experience in Hadoop Monitoring tools (Cloudera Manager, and Ambari)
- Knowledge may include (but is not limited to) configuration, installation (upgrade), monitoring of any of the Hadoop distributions
- Hadoop software installation and upgrades
- Implementing standards and best practices to manage and support data platforms as per distribution.
- Experience in Hive internals (including HCatalog), SQOOP, Pig, Oozie, Spark and Flume/Kafka.
- Experience in MySQL & PostgreSQL databases.
- Experience in Incident management, ServiceNow, JIRA, Change Management Process.
- Fundamental Knowledge of any cloud platform native technologies AWS/Azure/GCP
- ITIL Knowledge.
- Must be willing to provide 24x7 on-call support on a rotational basis with the team.
- Knowledge of DR (Disaster Recovery) strategies and principles.
- Development or administration on NoSQL technologies like Hbase, MongoDB, Cassandra, Accumulo, etc.
- Development or administration on Web or cloud platforms like Amazon S3, EC2, Redshift, Rackspace, OpenShift etc.
- Development, Implementation or deployment experience on the Hadoop ecosystem (HDFS, MapReduce, Hive, Hbase)
- Experience on any one of the following will be an added advantage:
- Cloudera data platform
- Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, Ansible
- Proficiency with at least one of the following: Java, Python, Perl, Ruby, C or Web-related development
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence and/or Data Integration (ETL) operations delivery techniques, processes, methodologies
- Exposure to tools data acquisition, transformation & integration tools like Talend, Informatica, etc. & BI tools like Tableau, Pentaho, etc.
- Linux Administrator knowledge.
Community / Marketing Title: Hadoop Administrator
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Pune, Maharashtra IN