Location: Pune, Maharashtra, India
Requisition Number: 212877
Role: Hadoop Admin (Platform Support)
Providing Administrative Support for Teradata Customers on Hadoop platforms. Typically, these customers may have 24/7 contracts, and the successful applicant must be prepared to work in shifts and also be on-call to support customer site/s per contractual obligations.
The Hadoop Administrator manages and controls the Hadoop System environment for Teradata customers. The Hadoop Administrator requires specific technical knowledge about the administration and control of the Hadoop System, including the associated operating system, related tools, network, and hardware.
Minimum Requirements –
- Minimum experience of 3-4 years in Managing and Supporting large scale Production Hadoop environments (configuration management, monitoring, and performance tuning) in any of the Hadoop distributions (Apache, Hortonworks, Cloudera, MapR, IBM BigInsights, Pivotal HD)
- 1-2 years of experience in Scripting Language (Linux, SQL, Python).
- Should be good in shell scripting
- 3-4 years of experience on Administrative activities likes-
Administration, maintenance, security, configuration, process scheduling, and errors.
- Management of data, users, and job execution on the Hadoop System
- Experience in Backup, Archival and Recovery (BAR)
- Knowledge of support hardware and software installation and upgrades.
- 3-4 years of Experience in Hadoop Monitoring tools (Cloudera Manager, and Ambari)
- Knowledge may include (but is not limited to) configuration, installation (upgrade), monitoring of any of the Hadoop distributions
- Hadoop software installation and upgrades
- Implementing standards and best practices to manage and support data platforms as per distribution.
- Experience in Hive internals (including HCatalog), SQOOP, Pig, Oozie, Spark and Flume/Kafka.
- Experience in MySQL & PostgreSQL databases.
- Experience in Incident management, ServiceNow, JIRA, Change Management Process.
- Fundamental Knowledge of any cloud platform native technologies AWS/Azure/GCP
- ITIL Knowledge.
- Must be willing to provide 24x7 on-call support on a rotational basis with the team.
- Knowledge of DR (Disaster Recovery) strategies and principles.
- Development or administration on NoSQL technologies like Hbase, MongoDB, Cassandra, Accumulo, etc.
- Development or administration on Web or cloud platforms like Amazon S3, EC2, Redshift, Rackspace, OpenShift etc.
- Development, Implementation or deployment experience on the Hadoop ecosystem (HDFS, MapReduce, Hive, Hbase)
- Experience on any one of the following will be an added advantage:
- Cloudera data platform
- Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, Ansible
- Proficiency with at least one of the following: Java, Python, Perl, Ruby, C or Web-related development
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence and/or Data Integration (ETL) operations delivery techniques, processes, methodologies
- Exposure to tools data acquisition, transformation & integration tools like Talend, Informatica, etc. & BI tools like Tableau, Pentaho, etc.
- Linux Administrator knowledge.
Community / Marketing Title: Hadoop Administrator
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Pune, Maharashtra IN