Senior Ecosystem Specialist
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 212865
Senior Ecosystem Specialist
UK & Ireland Data Practice Consultants bring a wide variety of technical expertise and experience to our customers. They have demonstrable knowledge of data ecosystems, supporting technologies and services.
The Ecosystem Specialist will have a broad knowledge of the Teradata Vantage ecosystem. They will possess the technical confidence to lead customer conversations on matters of database administration, system performance and tools, utilities and technical components that comprise our customers’ data environments. The role demands adaptability and the ability to step-up and take ownership of project deliverables when needed.
The role holder will be passionate about data, the constant evolution of data technologies, and its increasingly pervasive influence in the way our customers operate. They will be familiar with the unique challenges of Cloud Migration and demonstrable experience with one or more public cloud platforms would be an advantage.
This role is client facing and as such significant travel may be required.
- A well-rounded individual with ten years of consulting or relevany industry experience.
- Teradata database administration: Concepts, tools, and best practice.
- Multi systems management and system performance optimisation.
- Strong knowledge of the wider Teradata technology stack such as:
- Data Mover
- Back-up and Restore (BAR)
- Data Labs
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Experience working in the project environment.
- Able to actively support customer meetings and workshops.
- The potential to step up to more senior project roles when required.
- Works to become a go-to person for both the customer and Teradata team for Ecosystem and DBA advice and best practice.
- Maintains knowledge of Teradata technology and wider industry trends.
- Takes a proactive role in identifying new consulting opportunities and communicates them with the project team.
- Challenges self and others to his/her fullest potential.
- Contributes to lessons learned and sharing those lessons with team members.
- Develops productive relationships with customer stakeholders.
- Communicates effectively to identify needs and suggest alternative approaches or technical solutions.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Good communicator with both business and technical stakeholders. Able to relay and adapt technical concepts to audiences of varying technical experience.
- Sound understanding of database concepts and different database design techniques.
- Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge and experience of one or more Database Technology (Teradata/Oracle/SQL Server/Redshift/Big Query/Synapse/Snowflake).
- Public Cloud experience or certifications (AWS/Azure/GCP).
- Broader technical skillset (Networks, Linux, Shell Scripting, Mainframe etc).
State: Greater London
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Ecosystem Specialist
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: London, Greater London GB