Location: Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Requisition Number: 212852
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Teradata is looking for a highly motivated and experienced individual to manage, grow and develop the regional relationship with Teradata’s strategic partners in addition to supporting several other tactical relationships. This position requires a high energy individual that can manage multiple touch points and create strong relationships across the organization and work collaboratively to support the success of our business within Teradata and the partner organization.
Applicants should have a proven track record in partnership management or experience working with global/regional Systems Integrators/Consulting, Cloud-native or Analytics focused partners. The scope of the role includes identification of new business opportunities with or through the partner, including growth within existing Teradata accounts, management of the relationships and sales engagement process to gain agreement with requisite stakeholders on execution. The applicant will develop presentations and materials, support sales calls and maintain up to date best practices on partnership. The role will require exceptional interpersonal skills, strong strategic sense and a deep understanding of our Teradata strategies and business model.
- Drive the increased adoption of Teradata solutions with the partner organization; facilitate communication, enablement and resource alignment to accelerate growth.
- Create, develop and execute functional or sector specific initiatives in line with partner and Teradata strategic objectives.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the Partner’s business objectives and effectively communicate and align with Teradata to drive incremental growth.
- Develop strong relations and advocates with key decision makers on the partner side as well as internally in Teradata to support growth of our business.
- Identify new business opportunities with or through partners, develop plans for how Teradata can leverage these and gain agreement with requisite stakeholders on execution.
- Build an industry or geographic specific partner portfolio to support aligned sales team
- Establish strong relationships with Teradata sales teams that instill confidence in value of partners
- Develop presentations and materials to support sales with and through partner.
- Support sales calls and consulting engagements where partner is involved by maintain up to date best practices on partnership
- A bachelor’s degree as well as 8+ years experience in managing complex relationships with one or more of the following skills:
- A strong understanding of and practical experience in alliance management specifically within high-tech at both a strategic, tactical and operational level.
- Strategy, business planning formulation and execution experience, with measurable result.
- Experience managing complex relationships across multiple levels and disciplines.
- Ability to manage a complex selling environment where objectives between the Partner and Teradata may not always be aligned.
- High degree of executive presence; proven ability and experience to operate effectively at senior management and C-executive levels.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly gain trust and credibility
- Strong Interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to deliver effective diplomatic communications as well as handle sensitive information and materials in a confidential manner
- Background in data and analytics.
- Current knowledge of Teradata solutions is recommended.
- Passion to win, entrepreneurial, high energy, responsive, and results-driven self-starter.
- Ability to deal well with change and be a team player, builder, and leader.
- Excellent presentation skills and confidence.
Teradata is an equal opportunity employer in all aspects of our business. We are excited by the unique qualities, abilities, and perspectives each person brings, and candidates are considered on all the fundamentals they may bring to the role and the team.
Community / Marketing Title: Partner Sales
Job Category: Sales
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tokyo, Tokyo JP