Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 212814
UK & Ireland Data Practice Consultants bring a wide variety of technical expertise and experience to our customers. They have demonstrable knowledge of data ecosystems, supporting technologies and services.
The Data Engineer will specialise in the development of data acquisition processes, the design of resilient data pipelines, and the integration of data into data models. This individual must have the skills necessary to understand the overall data warehouse architecture. The Data Engineer designs and builds the ETL environment with the specific toolset required by the client. They participate in making decisions on database design and overall solution architecture. The role demands adaptability and the ability to step-up and take ownership of project deliverables when needed.
The role holder will be passionate about data, the constant evolution of data technologies, and its increasingly pervasive influence in the way our customers operate. They will have experience in data related projects and a grasp of how data is employed in modern organisations. They will be expected to engage with customer stakeholders and provide guidance in the areas of data management, data modelling, solution design, and cloud architecture. Knowledge in areas such as DataOps, DevOps and Cloud Migration as well as demonstrable experience with one or more public cloud platforms would be an advantage.
This role is client facing and as such significant travel may be required.
- A well-rounded individual with several years of consulting experience.
- Strong SQL and data analysis skills.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Experience working in the project environment.
- Good current knowledge of, or an eagerness to gain knowledge of the Teradata technology stack.
- Able to actively support customer meetings and workshops.
- The potential to step up to more senior project roles when required.
- Technical solution analysis and design.
- Up-to-date knowledge of the data domain as well as wider technology trends and developments.
- Able to contribute to the design, development, and delivery of client solutions from definition phase through implementation.
- Works to become a go-to person for both the customer and Teradata team for ideas, advice and guidance.
- Communicate and promote standards continual improvement of best practice.
- Ability to clearly communicate solution design and approach with client technical and business stakeholders.
- Maintains knowledge functional/industry trends and develops project strategies.
- Participates in the development of Data Practice methods and tools.
- Takes a proactive role in identifying new consulting opportunities and communicates them with the project team.
- Challenges self and others to his/her fullest potential.
- Contributes to lessons learned and sharing those lessons with team members.
- Develops productive relationships with customer stakeholders.
- Communicates effectively to identify needs and suggest alternative approaches or technical solutions.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Experience of the full lifecycle in a variety of software development methodologies. Agile, DevOps, CI/CD.
- Automation/Application Development/ Scripting (i.e. Java, shell scripting), Jenkins/Others, Git/SVN/Others
- Knowledge and experience with latest tools and technologies in Data and Analytics domain including open-source tools
- Good communicator with both business and technical stakeholders. Able to adapt communication style to the needs of different audiences.
- Sound understanding of database concepts and different database design techniques.
- Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Awareness of database standards for security, coding, templates, connectivity and source control.
- Knowledge and experience of one or more Database Technology (Teradata/Oracle/SQL Server/Redshift/Big Query/Synapse/Snowflake).
- Public Cloud experience or certifications (AWS/Azure/GCP).
- Knowledge and experience of one or more ETL/Integration tool (Ab-initio/DataStage/Informatica etc).
- Knowledge or experience of one of more BI technology (Business Objects/Tableau/MicroStrategy/Qlik etc).
- Broader technical/programming skillset (Python, R, Groovy, VB, C# etc).
State: Greater London
Community / Marketing Title: Data Engineer
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: London, Greater London GB