Sr Staff Software Architect
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Requisition Number: 212807
Do you describe yourself as a strong leader, a creative thinker and a person focused on designing the next generation of products and services for multi-tenant, SaaS, for the cloud?
Are you passionate about architecting new cloud services, evaluating new technologies, breaking them down into microservices and driving the engineering teams to build them?
Do you have a keen eye to troubleshoot issues arising on a cloud platform, network, security and ever-growing inter-dependent services and simplify the journey to operationalize cloud-native applications and services?
Then we have the right opportunity for you - Teradata, the world’s leading data analytics company is looking for a Lead / Senior Architect, who has a strong passion for architecture, all-things cloud, building clean code, a proponent of automation and creating efficiencies in a multi-cloud deployment environment.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Be a subject matter expert for the group of the highly talented and motivated set of engineers, architects, building key Teradata services and applications for Cloud
- Oversee cloud infrastructure design and architecture and develop detailed guidelines or references for the engineering team(s) to build, test, deploy, host and operate on AWS, Azure and Google Cloud.
- Drive home key changes in the cloud infrastructure, networking, security, provisioning and administration.
- Discuss and brainstorm scope, functional analysis, technical considerations with other Product Architects, Product Leadership teams to arrive at a consensus and put forward thoughts for the optimum solution.
- Leverage established and emerging architecture paradigms – serverless, microservices, containers, “Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- Exhibit influence over product engineering teams and work with them to channelize their efforts which can increase their effectiveness and productivity by sharing your knowledge and experience
- Active participation in PoCs, Ideations, Hackathons, Code-Standards, Architecture-Bootcamp and proposing areas for improvements.
- Collaborate with global engineering teams and be a mentor for key promising talent within the teams and groom them to take on new opportunities.
Experience and Skills expected for this role:
- Demonstratable experience of working on cloud platforms (AWS, Azure & GCP) and architecting/designing enterprise grade, large scale products and services that operate on multiple cloud platforms.
- Strong understanding across different public cloud infrastructure and its components (compute, storage, network, data, components, serverless, security, orchestration, failover, containers/K8S).
- Expert understanding of cloud-native development and proponent of distributed micro services architecture during the entire SDLC.
- Deep programming experience in one or more constructs (Python, Go, Java) and a good foundation in Unix/Linux Operating Systems
- Deep passion for driving code reviews, quality deliverables and operational rigor.
- Hands-on Continuous Integration / Development / Deployment / Test methodologies and technical stack
- Working experience and understanding full spectrum of cloud components – hardware, storage, network, connectivity, messaging, monitoring.
- Experience working with automation, provisioning/deployments solutions and templates such as Terraform, Jenkins, AWS Cloud Formation, Azure ARM Templates, Ansible.
- Good knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, load balancing and firewalling
- Good understanding of Cloud Security (IAM, mitigation of attacks, default-deny concept)
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes and Cloud hosted services will be a plus.
- A good understanding of the business model, revenues and operating margins is preferred.
- Good exposure to SQL/NoSQL database constructs.
- Experience with Servers, Infrastructure, Platform Sizing, Infrastructure Cost Reduction
- Effective Communicator to both technical and non-technical audiences.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the firstname.lastname@example.org inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Sr Staff Software Architect
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US