Cloud Engineering Architect
Location: San Diego, California, United States
Requisition Number: 212801
Are you passionate about building highly scalable, fault tolerant, elastic, and secure services in public cloud environments? Do you enjoy providing technical leadership to multiple teams of engineers?
Teradata, the world's leading data analytics company is looking for an architect who is passionate about building scalable and high performing solutions and services for Teradata on Cloud. This is a unique opportunity to join our team in a period of fast growth and expansion. If you are interested in working in a startup like environment where you can directly influence the future of cloud-based analytics solutions and services, then Teradata is the place for you. You will work with a team of architects, to build cloud services and capabilities that bring Teradata’s analytics capabilities to the public cloud platforms.
- Minimum of 15 years of related experience with a university degree; or 12 years and an advanced degree; or a PhD with 8 years’ experience; or equivalent experience
- At least 3 years as an Architect or Technical Lead in the cloud services area
- Subject matter expert with designing, building, and operating distributed complex software systems on Google Cloud Platform, AWS or Azure.
- Strong computer science fundamentals in system design, data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis
- Demonstrated proficiency with at least one modern general-purpose programming languages like Java, C++, Go, Python, etc.
- Experience in full stack development.
- Experience with Networking solutions in the public clouds
- Experience with Serverless technologies provided by Public Cloud platforms
- Experience with Container related technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience in architecting for mission critical, 24x7 services
- Experience with Teradata (or other RDMS) and NoSQL technologies.
- Experience with security and compliance in public cloud environment
- Experience building cloud agnostic architectures
- Experience with quality assurance frameworks
- Deep Experience with Teradata Architecture and Workload Management
- Experience with Object Stores and AWS Glue, Azure Purview and Google Cloud Data Catalogs.
- Experience with DevOps processes like CI/CD, Monitoring, Provisioning and Deployment, On-Call.
- Experience building great UX for cloud services
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Cloud Engineering Architect
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US