Senior Cloud Services Engineer
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
Requisition Number: 212800
We are looking for seasoned cloud engineers who will have front end responsibilities to deliver great customer, developer and operational-user experiences for our Vantage Cloud Platform and ecosystem components. In this role, you will work closely with Cloud Services, Platform and Infrastructure teams to gain a deeper understanding of different persona-based use-cases and drive development of feature-sets that provide administration, monitoring and operational capabilities in a self-service and managed offerings model in a multi-tenant console dashboard.
- Design, implement, deploy and maintain web-based multi-tenant, cloud native front-end applications and back-end services to provide manageability and operational visibility to our Vantage cloud platform offerings,
- Must be a self-starter and able to work well with others in a fast-paced agile environment with an emphasis on collaborating and assisting the team to develop and meet business objectives and help create and evaluate new product ideas/designs
- Implement best practices that produce maintainable code, including usability patterns, code style conformity, integration, testing, and code review.
- Participate in detailed reviews of design, architecture, and code produced by other engineers within the team
- Recommend alternate approaches, analyze impacts, and provide sizing estimates
- Collaborate with other cross-platform team members to build effective integrations
- Prepare service and feature-related documentation – functional specifications, design considerations, architecture compliance, GAP analysis, etc. spanning multiple phases of the SDLC.
- Analyze, design and develop test cases and implement automated test suites
- Stay abreast of technology trends and industry best practices to hone and maintain your talent
- Ability to develop robust and scalable backend infrastructure defined by RESTful APIs using Serverless framework / architecture in NestJS and GraphQL
- Strong understanding of data structure, database design and management on any of the traditional RDBMS (e.g. PostgreSQL) or NoSQL DB (e.g. DynamoDB, Redis)
- Experience in implementing end-to-end cloud native services on one or more major cloud platform infrastructure provider - AWS or Azure or Google Cloud
- Knowledge of secure web development practices with troubleshooting complex application workflows and performance tuning.
- Working experience of developing CI/CD pipelines and deploying services and applications on public cloud infrastructure.
- Strong knowledge in writing Automated Test Suites using frameworks like Jasmine, Jest, or Selenium
- Familiarity with TDD and concepts like mocking and stubbing for unit / integration tests.
- Thrive in an environment that requires you to partner with multiple cross-functional teams as stakeholders/customers
- Great oral and written communication skills
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Cloud Services Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Raleigh, North Carolina US