Associate Test Engineer
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Requisition Number: 212780
With primary development center in Hyderabad and two R&D facilities in Bangalore and Pune the Teradata R&D team in India is in excess of 500 engineers. R&D Labs at Hyderabad is the biggest R&D division outside of San Diego facility, and has teams producing world class features for the Teradata database stack working on wide variety of products and technologies including core database internals, Advanced Analytics in the database platform, cloud offerings for the database core and performance engineering.
Associate Test Engineer
The CIBT Team at Teradata is currently seeking an associate software engineer to join our team.
This person will be primarily responsible to understand the overall product/components' content for any given release.Develop new test assets by mimicing customer centric use cases and validate the product by executing the test assets and triaging the results every day on various Teradata releases.
Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor’s or master’s degree in CSE/ECE/IT or any core engineering, 0-2 years of test engineering experience.
Role & Responsibilities
- Understand how to setup/create test data and data management.
- Work with testing team to develop new flows.
- Provide support in project design, development and deployment activities.
- Develop automated test scenarios and environments for functional testing.
- Analyze test results and coordinate with development teams for bug fixes.
- Co-ordinate with developers/architects to continuously improve performance.
In this role you will be part of a critical and highly-visible function team within Teradata Vantage platform. You will be given the opportunity to autonomously deliver the technical direction of the service, and the feature roadmap. You will work with extraordinary talent and have the opportunity to shape the team to best execute on the product.
- 0-2 yrs of experience- understanding and designing test scripts
- Good experience on different types of testing including functional and non-functional areas
- Good in writing any SQL queries. Will give priority to someone who has knowledge in Teradata database.
- Working experience in Agile Software Development with exposure to test driven development
- Passionate about testing and quality
- Experience in working on UNIX/LINUX environment. Proficient in any of the scripting language – Python/shell/bash.
- Knowledgeable in CICD and DevOps tools, version control tools like Git.
- Ability to work with a Product Owner, Senior Test Engineers in Agile framework
- Individual Contributor
- Works with product Owner, scrum team and reports to Engineering Manager
- Contribution in generating Test Design Documents, Integration testing, bug verification
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Test Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN