Cloud Security Ops Engineer
Location: San Diego, California, United States
Requisition Number: 212765
Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid Cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people, the best we can be.
The Vulnerability Management team is an integral part of Teradata Global Security and closely partners with and guides Cloud and IT Operations teams. We evangelize security at every stage of operations, and work closely with SREs to ensure applications are secure from deployment through deprecation. Our expertise lies in deep technical understanding of security and are security architects within Teradata and the wider security community. The Vulnerability Management team is tasked with building advanced security tools and methods for automating security.
The Vulnerability Management team is looking for someone who is passionate about automation and operations (DevOps) to scale security testing capabilities in Cloud and an enterprise environment. The ideal candidate will work tirelessly to automate vulnerability management processes and will work with Cloud Operations teams to automate infrastructure as code to enable Ops teams to move faster. If you evangelize security automation and love to share your knowledge with others, this position is for you.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Contribute to architecture decisions to ensure a consistent approach to vulnerability management
- Serve as the security subject matter expert during application and Cloud architecture discussions
- Collaborate with software developers to integrate vulnerability scanners into CI/CD pipelines
- Interpret vulnerability scan results, penetration test results and describe issues and fixes to non-security experts
- Provide vulnerability remediation guidance and mentoring to product development software engineers
- Evaluation of new technologies, tools, and/or techniques that impact security
- Review, analyze, and evaluate both internally developed software and vendor products and procedures to address security requirements
- Identify and automate security processes and practices
- Write and deploy Docker applications
- Deliver security metrics to development teams
- Be a leader in security by researching ways to scale security and presenting at internal and external events.
- Train developers in various aspects of security to include secure coding, security requirements, static/dynamic security tools, etc.
Primary Job Skills:
- Work as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with business representatives in explaining security topics clearly and where necessary, in layman's terms
- General understanding of and passion for computer, Web, and network security
- Familiarity with Docker and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with AWS, Azure, and/or Google Cloud
- Ability to automate tasks using a scripting language (Python, Ruby, etc).
- The ideal candidate is proficient in a programming language, e.g., Golang, Java, Python, C, C++, C#, Objective C, etc.
- Ability to quickly learn a programming language
- Deep understanding of HTTP and SSL/TLS protocols, and Web applications
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals (all OSI layers)
- Proficiency in Linux administration
- Understanding of continuous integration / continuous deployment processes and tools
- MS/BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field. Advanced degree highly preferred
Location: San Diego, CA or remote
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Cloud Security Ops Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US