Senior Director Partner Ecosystem & Alliances
Multiple Locations: Singapore • North Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Requisition Number: 212764
Senior Director Ecosystem & Alliances APJ
Teradata is the leading multi-cloud data warehouse company. We are a cloud-first platform company, driving business outcomes for our customers, and we will not do everything ourselves. Our data warehouse platform is extensible, providing fundamental capabilities to enable our customers to build and/or buy solutions. A modern cloud partner ecosystem is critical to Teradata’s cloud-first growth strategy and to maximize value to customers. The Global Alliances & Partnerships team is accountable to build the partner strategy and convert it into execution and ultimately into results. This organization’s objectives are to:
- Build: Develop a global partner strategy, tightly aligned to the cloud-first company and integrated into the GTM strategy. Construct the required global and regional programs.
- Enable: Identify, recruit and enable targeted partners scaling needed capacity and capability.
- Activate: Build and execute in region GTM plans, targeting high potential industries, customers, prospects, and/or workloads with particular emphasis on joint Teradata & partner co-selling.
These objectives will yield high impact business outcomes for our customers and drive Teradata recurring revenue. Key partner categories in Teradata’s partner ecosystem include:
- System integrators (SI): Global and region SIs are critical to support our customers’ migration of data warehousing workloads to the cloud, to build customer solutions, and to expand Teradata access and influence to executive decision makers.
- Independent software vendors (ISV): Teradata will build and activate a curated ecosystem of ISVs with vertical or horizontal solutions, applications, or tools, aligned to high potential industries, customers and prospects.
- Resellers: In certain markets, Teradata will scale market coverage and results through distributors and resellers.
- Cloud service providers (CSP): The three global CSPs (AWS, Microsoft, and Google) are critical as cloud platforms and to scale Teradata’s GTM coverage and influence.
Reporting to the SVP of Worldwide Alliances & Partners, the Regional Partner Leader role is responsible for converting these broad Partner ecosystem objectives into action and will build a high performing field partner organization to support, serve and drive results with partners, as well as ensuring engagement with the Regional GTM team across Sales, Support, Technical, Consulting, Marketing. This organization will be a very capable “selling team” tightly integrated into Teradata’s GTM model and teams, and directly contributing to account planning, deals and customer value. Additionally, very tight internal alignment with other Teradata functions, including strategy, product, operations, sales, consulting, and marketing, will be required for success. Externally, this leader will leverage relationships with senior Partner leaders and scale Teradata influence through the Partner’s teams to build and execute a strong Teradata engagement. The leader will be a contributing member of the WW Alliances & Partner Leadership team.
- Recruit and manage a world class team of: program managers, partner managers, and partner enablement resources as the Systems Integrator partner ecosystem scales
Own development of the Partner ecosystem and Teradata’s Partner strategy, clearly framing every function (sales, consulting, customer success, operations, etc.) and drive ongoing internal cross-functional alignment with appropriate members of the Leadership across Teradata. Ensuring tight alignment with the Regional GTM teams.
- Execute partner strategy with and through global and regional sales, consulting, customer success, and operations leadership, ultimately driving partner and Teradata seamless alignment in front of customers and prospects, leading to value for all (customer, partner, & Teradata)
- Responsible for operating budgets within the Regional/Field organization of the Global Alliances & Partnerships program; monitor and control expenditures; manages variance between budgeted and actual expenditures of time, dollars, and personnel while meeting overall Global Partner financial objectives.
- Build ecosystem of high-performing global and regional partners and activate each with and through the Teradata sales force
- Expand relationships with existing and new partners by deeply understanding joint value exchange, drive expansion opportunities, develop and drive joint go-to-market strategies, and deploy joint offers to the field
- Drive yearly and quarterly planning reviews with partners and integrate partners directly into the Teradata account planning process
- Manage/support the contractual relationship with the partner, construct joint messaging, and support field engagement and enablement programs.
Key Performance Indicators
- Examples of metrics (to be scoped and agreed) may include financial (annual recurring revenue, pipeline, conversion rates, etc) and non-financial such as capacity (number of partners by region/industry/partner type, etc), deal registrations (active deals, close ratio, etc), people trained (technical & sales), partner satisfaction. Operationalize metrics for broad consumption and sales action modification.
Education and skills you’ll use:
- A bachelor’s degree (graduate degree a plus) as well as 15+ years’ experience in managing complex relationships with one or more of the following skills:
- A strong understanding of and practical experience in alliance management specifically within high-tech at a strategic, tactical and operational level.
- Strategy, business planning formulation and execution experience, with measurable results.
- Experience in the APJ region and ability to support a dynamic sales team.
- Experience managing complex relationships across multiple organizations, levels, and disciplines.
- Ability to manage a complex selling environment where objectives between the Cloud Partner and Teradata may not always be aligned.
- High degree of Executive presence; proven ability and experience to operate effectively at senior management and C-executive levels.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly gain trust and credibility
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to deliver effective diplomatic communications as well as handle sensitive information and materials in a confidential manner
- Technical background in databases, enterprise software, and current knowledge of Teradata solutions is desired.
- Passion to win, entrepreneurial, high energy, collaborative, responsive, and results-driven self-starter
- Ability to deal well with change and be a team player, builder, and leader.
- Excellent presentation skills and confidence
- Be proficient in the use of both written and spoken business English.
The successful candidate will report directly to the SVP World Wide Alliances and Partners.
Teradata is an equal opportunity employer in all aspects of our business. We are excited by the unique qualities, abilities, and perspectives each person brings, and candidates are considered on all the fundamentals they may bring to the role and the team.
State: Central Singapore
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Director Partner Ecosystem & Alliances
Job Category: Sales
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Singapore, Central Singapore SG