Senior Software Engineer
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Requisition Number: 212758
Introduction: Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people, the best we can be.
Location: Hyderabad, India
Scope of responsibilities:
The candidate will be a member of an engineering team which has responsibility for
- developing solutions to sustain the Teradata Client Software organization’s BTEQ product.
- BTEQ stands for Basic Teradata Query utility. It is a general-purpose Report/Load tool
- that has been a cornerstone product since 1984. It provides the ability to submit SQL
- queries to a Teradata Database in interactive as well as batch user modes. It is heavily
- used within the Teradata Engineering division and is in use at all Teradata customer sites.
- As a BTEQ developer, the candidate will deliver end-to-end style solutions that will
- address all analysis, design, code, test and documentation requirements. In addition to
- providing solutions for sustaining and enhancing BTEQ’s behaviour, the candidate will
- be expected to assist with creatively solving the team’s complex automation goals.
- The team operates in a structured manner and adheres to established processes. The work
- environment is highly-demanding and requires the ability to efficiently handle frequently
- shifting priorities. A candidate who is looking to be a contributor on a team of
- highly-self-motivated individuals, who have a reputation for constantly striving to
- improve their product’s quality and their team’s overall productivity while working
- according to well-defined development processes, will thrive on this team.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- As assigned and directed by the team’s lead developer and architects, deliver solutions for assigned defect fix and functional enhancement projects.
- Adhere and contribute to the team’s coding standards, processes and tools.
- Work per project plans and provide solution delivery date estimates as requested to support creation of those plans.
- Ensure all code changes made are completely tested and integrated into in-progress versions via version control systems and tools.
- Ensure all new test cases created get integrated into BTEQ’s TestSuite for reuse.
- Facilitate peer review of all solution phases, performing Reviewer/Reviewee roles as tasked.
- Creation of expected solution artifacts that articulate key technical details for posterity.
- Sustain all related reference manuals and write assigned knowledge articles.
- Assist with root cause triage analysis on incoming issues from the global support center and internal users.
- Help each team member, including the lead developer, architects and manager, to be successful in their roles so that the team overall is successful. Share all knowledge and provide progress status information.
- Excellent English-language-based communication and writing skills. Must be able to
- articulate technical information for email, documentation and externally published
- articles in good form.
- Strong desire to work on a team.
- Excellent organizational and listening skills. Must be detailed oriented.
- Experience creating script-based tools under Windows and UNIX environments.
- Strong understanding of Software design patterns and best practices.
- Proven track record of C and C++ development on Windows and Linux platforms, including multithreading, multi-processing, memory management and scripting (shell).
- Strong understanding of relational database technologies and SQL.
- Knowledge of software versioning and configuration management technologies
- Experience with software support and maintenance, documentation and customer communication.
- Solid personal management skills to smartly prioritize and work on multiple assignments at one time.
- Work effectively in a geographically dispersed development team environment.
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written, with ability to lead other team members, locally and remotely.
- Knowledge of testing technologies and techniques, automation and best practices.
- Experience with or knowledge of Git, SVN, Clearcase, TeamCity or comparable software versioning and build technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Science and Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related with 5+ years of work experience
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN