Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Requisition Number: 212748
We are looking for a professional software engineer to work at our prestigious Teradata R&D Labs at Hyderabad to be part of Teradata’s database internals team.
With more than 10,000 employees in 43 countries, we help over 1,400 customers leverage their data like never before. Our people are the heart of our success. We are passionate about what we do. We ask questions. We know our customers intimately. We think differently. You can, too, if you love technology and what it can do. You have a global mindset, and want a dynamic place where capability and creativity merge … where your talents shine, where your future is yours to shape, where your innovations make the world better.
With primary development center in Hyderabad and two R&D facilities in Bangalore and Pune the team are in excess of 500 engineers. R&D Labs at Hyderabad is the biggest R&D division outside of San Diego facility, and has teams producing world class features for the Teradata database stack and its Unified Data Architecture. The Labs team in India work on wide variety of products and technologies including core database internals, both on the server and client side of the Teradata’s world-renowned database platform, Aster, Hadoop, Teradata’s cloud offerings and performance engineering
Sound appealing? Then, you belong with us – Teradata.
Fast-paced, flexible, fun that describes our work environment… a place to brainstorm with the best data minds, engage customers and surprise yourself with what’s possible, every day.
Qualifications & Educational Requirements
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science
Role & Responsibilities
- Have in-depth knowledge and experience in the field, analyze and design complex features/applications
- Design, develop, code, test & debug application software
- Help junior team members resolve their technical issues
- Involve deeply in development process and make sure in following and using correct tools, following correct coding practices
- Works independently, receives minimal guidance
- Provide post production support
- 2- 5 years of experience in Java
- Expert level programming skills in Java on Linux OS
- Strong understanding of Microservices architectures
- Experience using and developing RESTful APIs
- Good understanding of testing frameworks
- Good understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Hands on programming skills.
- Good knowledge in design patterns
- Familiarity in working in an agile development environment.
- Knowledge of Java and Microservices
- Knowledge of docker and containerization technologies.
- Knowledge of container orchestration tools like Kubernetes
- Knowledge of event streaming platform like Kafka
- Knowledge of AWS, AZURE or GCP will be an added advantage
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN