VP Corporate Strategy & Global Strategic Initiatives
Location: San Diego, California, United States
Requisition Number: 212743
VP, Corporate Strategy & Global Strategic Initiatives
The VP, Corporate Strategy & Global Strategic Initiatives is a key leadership position in our Corporate Strategy organization. This role provides leadership and direction with the aim of driving and achieving Teradata’s corporate strategy. This leader will be responsible for tackling the largest, most complex and often ambiguous challenges at the company, requiring deep thought expertise, complex problem solving, and cross-functional collaboration. This leader will be responsible for providing definition to business challenges, structuring frameworks and solutions to address the challenges, tackling obstacles and blockers, as well as leading execution of global programs.
Using data and research (internal/external), this leader will identify, diagnose, assess and scope the size of initiatives and focus areas, and prioritize in order of largest impact. Working closely with the Chief Strategy Officer and ELT, this role will influence alignment and support of the executive team and other key stakeholders on prioritized areas that are imperative to strategy attainment and achieving business goals. This position is highly collaborative and facilitative in nature, requiring the individual to be great at relationship building to drive support and alignment across the organization.
· Keeping a pulse on external market forces and competitor analysis, including customer dynamics, to inform strategy development.
· Responsible for collaborating across the organization, including the executive leadership team, to identify key strategic challenges and opportunities linked to market dynamics or customer changes, product performance, competitive intelligence and business needs.
· Driving, directing, monitoring and contributing to critical strategic initiatives, with a consistent view on prioritization of the most significant challenges to business success.
· Working through ambiguous situations, being able to develop frameworks and structures to define problems and construct execution plans that are achievable and pragmatic.
· Leaning in to tackle and resolve key areas of strategic unclarity that pose a significant risk to business success and strategy attainment. These difficult challenges require integrative, connected and deep thinking leveraging in-depth knowledge of the organization and bringing in external approaches to find creative and new ways to resolve.
· Communicating strategy effectively throughout the company at various forums and supporting functional teams to align outcomes to corporate strategy
· Collaborating with and influencing key stakeholders on problem areas of focus to enable Teradata’s strategy and ensure cross-functional focus and alignment.
· Identifying areas of misalignment to the strategy and supporting with remedial actions.
· Helping facilitate functional strategic plans including identification of suitable metrics to measure alignment, progress and performance against corporate strategy and activities
Minimum Requirements & Qualifications:
· BS/BA degree or equivalent; MBA/PhD degree preferred
· Demonstrated passion and depth of understanding for technology solutions
· Strategic thinker who can translate strategy into company-wide operational initiatives
· Detailed and process oriented; with ability to work on both strategic and tactical initiatives
· Proven ability to quickly build rapport and credibility with multiple stakeholders across the organization at every level
· Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), with the ability to actively listen, influence, negotiate and coach
· Proven project and time management skills with ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
· Ability to balance and influence multiple competing priorities
· Demonstrate personal and professional values consistent with Teradata’s values
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the email@example.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: VP Corporate Strategy & Global Strategic Initiatives
Job Category: Strategy
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US