VP Product Management, Vantage Database & Cloud Platforms
Location: Alpharetta, GA, USA
Requisition Number: 212742
Vice President of Product Management, Vantage Database & Cloud Platforms
Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading multi & hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people, the best we can be.
Overall, Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
Vantage Cloud Product Management is responsible for charting and executing the product strategy and roadmaps for our industry-leading Vantage platform, to enable seamless journey to cloud and modernize Data & Analytics architecture for customers. There are a wide range of responsibilities and a mandate to collaborate with both internal and external stakeholders to achieve our goals.
Our team has a dynamic range befitting of a portfolio of products and capabilities intent upon enabling developers, ensuring analytics are always on for cloud workloads that operate at the highest efficiency.
Teradata’s core IP and differentiation comes from its Massively Parallel Processing (MPP) database. This industry leading product has massive scale & performance differentiation compared to competition.
As the Vice President of Product Management for Vantage Database & Cloud Platforms, you will own the strategy, direction and roadmap to continuously transform Teradata core SW/Database & Cloud Platforms on AWS, Azure & Google Cloud for a cloud/As-a-Service delivery model. Reporting into the SVP of Product Management, you will influence and drive strategy, roadmap planning and product launch readiness for the portfolio.
You will need to balance both current and future business goals from a market perspective. To get there you should be eager to work with our customers and the complete Teradata value chain to achieve customer and Teradata goals. We need you, as the candidate, to demonstrate an understanding of the Data & Analytics markets, ultimately map this understanding into a Teradata executable plan, using an Agile framework, and encourage the internal value chain to execute appropriately.
This Vice President of Product Management position is for a well-rounded candidate with experiences in leading teams of product managers and owners, a proven track record of owning sets of related and non-related products in a portfolio, and extensive knowledge of the Database and broader Data & Analytics market.
In this role, you will also be expected to brief executive leaders on the state of the current portfolio, conduct quarterly business reviews, and own next generation planning of the products. This will require you to have collaborative relationships with our marketing, GTM/Sales, Technology & Innovation, Customer Support & Services, and Engineering teams. The combined collaboration of these teams helps assure we deliver successfully on our product commitments in support of our customers’ requirements/needs.
- Business ownership and accountability of Database Software, Public Cloud Platforms, Security, Availability, Total-Cost-of-Ownership & experience of the cloud database to enable developers, DBAs and Business Analyst to have a seamless experience with our products.
- Hire, train and grow a team of product managers and instill modern Product Management operating model practices around Voice-of-Customers and agile roadmap planning & execution.
- Understand and build technical & business use-cases that will help engineering build market-fit products.
- Work with CSP Strategic Alliances to drive more strategic collaboration and technical integration into cloud native services of CSP platforms.
- Partner with engineering to validate key portfolio concepts, with end user customers, and then socialize validated concepts with internal stakeholders (GTM/Sales, Marketing, Customer Support & Services, Finance, Technology & Innovation across the entire Teradata value chain).
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and presentation) with the ability to present and negotiate with executive management, colleagues, adjacent teams, and customers using both technical and non-technical approaches.
- Exceptional ability to impact and influence business results where cross group collaboration is required using strong facilitation and consensus building skills.
- When possible, travel globally to meet and collaborate with customers and field organizations to continuously refine and validate the program vision while maintaining strong relationships with customers.
- From the product management perspective maintain existing strategic partnerships, and as needed work with appropriate teams to build new partnerships to accelerate the business.
- Develop market analysis and monitor market trends to identify growth opportunities.
- Declare and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) to help define/refine the portfolio from vision through execution.
- Generally, ensure product ownership/management activities meet industry-leading standards, processes, and controls for release activities across the portfolio.
- Assure that diversity and inclusion is a priority for your organization and that you lead by example in assuring a safe and inclusive work environment.
- MBA, Master’s degree in a relevant field, or relevant experiences.
- 15+ years of Product Management (or equivalent) experience, in progressively senior roles, in a Cloud Platform, Cloud Services, Databases or Analytics Platforms.
- Proven track record of managing teams of product managers and product owners who are potentially geographically and globally distributed.
- Ability to travel 25%-30% both domestically and internationally
- Excellent understanding of public, private, and hybrid cloud platforms.
- Knowledge of key Data & Analytics concepts, distributed systems, databases, Cloud services and platforms
- Ability to create and own the vision and delivery of a set of products and manage the program backlog from a user-centered perspective.
- Demonstrable business planning skills such as competitive analysis, SWOT analysis, and estimating market potential of feature and product.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the email@example.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
Community / Marketing Title: VP Product Management, Vantage Database & Cloud Platforms
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: Alpharetta, Georgia US