Product Support Engineer, Hardware
Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico
Requisition Number: 212725
Product Support Engineer, Hardware
Are you a problem solver? Do you like a fast-paced support environment that allows you to work with customers, field representatives, and technical engineers? If so, the Teradata Product Support team is a great fit for you.
What You’ll Do
Teradata Product Support Engineers are key members of an expert team of support analysts, focused on delivering deep-level technical support to both internal and external customers. A successful Product Support Engineer will develop a strong understanding of the Teradata Database and its associated tools and platforms along with the ability to clearly articulate support decisions and findings. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated and creative support analyst who is ready to contribute to Teradata's success.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of Teradata products
- Lead discussions with customers to deliver technical analysis and solve product issues
- Problem recreation & Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Interact with Engineering and peers to isolate product defects
- Adhere to Incident Management Process
- Identify and implement improvements for processes, products, and tools
- Treat every customer professionally and with respect
- Coordinate proper escalations for unresolved issues
- Gain and maintain current knowledge of Teradata Customer Services Policies, Procedures, and Service offerings
- Create knowledge articles for training purposes
- Mentoring of team members
- US B1/B2 Visa (or the ability to obtain as a condition of employment)
- Fluent in English (Verbal and Written communication)
- Ability and willingness to work rotating on-call shifts and after-hours work as necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 3+ years of technical work experience
- Hands-on experience supporting Linux or UNIX environments
- Ability to work effectively in a geographically dispersed support team environment
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and analytical abilities
- Strong time management skills and multi-tasking abilities
- Ability to effectively share technical knowledge
- Experience using a ticketing system or incident management system
Specific Skills You’ll Need for this Role
- Advanced understanding of Server Troubleshooting
- Experience with scripting/programming
- Prior knowledge of Teradata Systems
- Knowledge of Interconnect and Power Management Systems
- Working experience with Dell and Intel servers
- Working knowledge of NetApp and Seagate disk arrays
- Working knowledge of SAN Environment
- Working understanding of Large Server architecture
Community / Marketing Title: Product Support Engineer, Hardware
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tijuana, Mexico MX