Technical Support Engineer
Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico
Requisition Number: 212720
Technical Support Engineer
Location: Tijuana, BC, Mexico (Zona Rio)
Are you a problem solver? Do you like fast-paced technical environments that allow you to work with customers, field representatives, and engineers? If so, a position as a Technical Support Engineer at Teradata Tijuana is a great fit for you.
What We Do
Teradata Technical Support Engineers work with our Fortune-500 Clients to solve technical problems they encounter with our Cloud Analytics and Database tools. Along with incident management and initial problem-solving capabilities for the world’s leading analytics platform and database, you will provide technical/functional knowledge necessary to resolve customer problems.
What You’ll Do
As a Technical Support Engineer at Teradata Tijuana, you will partner with customers and perform troubleshooting activities that include isolating technical problems and working with Product Support Engineers to resolve customer issues. You will play a key role in communicating the solution to the Customer via incident management and case-handling systems. You will develop and maintain a working knowledge of current hardware, software, firmware, processes, and tools. You are required to have both strong technical and interpersonal skills. On a daily basis you will:
- Apply search tools to identify previously developed solutions and recognize patterns and symptoms
- Research information and gather analysis
- Identify and share known solutions from the knowledge base
- Help end-users implement solutions
- Track, monitor and maintain incident progress
Skills and Experience You’ll Need to Be Successful
- Current USA B1/B2 Visa Required (or ability to obtain as a condition of employment)
- Fluent in English & Spanish (Effective oral and written communications skills required)
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 0-2 years of Technical Support related experience
- Work schedule flexibility required (Work set schedules including weekends and holidays)
Ideally, you will also have the following:
- Knowledge of Support Center procedures and troubleshooting protocols
- Knowledge of UNIX, Linux, Windows, and other current operating systems
- Knowledge of Teradata support tools including the installation of remote tools
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Support Engineer
Job Category: Customer Support
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tijuana, Mexico MX