Location: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
Requisition Number: 212713
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE DEPT OF HOME AFFAIRS
This is a quota carrying position and is the primary selling role in the Solutions model. The Solution Sales Specialist is responsible for effectively executing the sales process and managing new business development in large corporations and government.
INTRODUCTION TO THE ROLE
The Australian Commonwealth Government is dramatically accelerating its focus on more effective use of information and analytics to improve outcomes. This highly strategic focus on “Information Management” in the “Citizen Focused” agencies, as well as Border Control and security Agencies, has fueled unprecedented growth and success within Teradata’s Australian Federal Government operations.
Very significant Teradata systems are present across a number of Australian Government agencies. A well-established team of Canberra-based Teradata Professional Services consultants generates significant and sustainable consulting services revenues and has established Teradata’s credibility as an expert partner to its client agencies within the Australian Federal Government.
Teradata seeks to appoint a new and key team member to assist in building on the successes of the existing team, with the aim of expanding the client base and driving further growth and success particularly in the Department of Home Affairs, a customer who has been using Teradata systems for eighteen years and engage a large number of Teradata specialists, technical consultants.
The role will have a distinct emphasis on successfully managing our Professional Services business for Teradata in the Home Affairs portfolio. In order to ensure a balanced focus on these areas, specific goals and attractive rewards are attached to the attainment of targets. From a career perspective, this opportunity represents the right company, the right solution, right time, right place, right team. What’s needed is the right person.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Results and Growth
- Orders and Revenue goal attainment.
- Achieve specific Key Sales Objectives within the assigned existing Account.
- Continuously build a pipeline of opportunities for services and technology.
- Strategic Prospecting and Account Planning
- Research the prospective organizations to be able to develop the value proposition for Teradata solutions.
- Utilize a structured approach for identifying and measuring the quality of potential new business.
- Map out the key players in the account and determine sales strategy.
- Understanding of political relationships and their impact on buying behaviors within the prospect account in order to determine appropriate sales approach for each level within the organization.
- Develop a competitive sales strategy that anticipates competitor actions and places Teradata as the best in the market to meet customer objectives.
- Effectively advise and influence prospects through consultative selling techniques and relevant marketing campaigns.
- Capture information in a constantly maintained Account Plan in accordance with the established Account Plan standard.
- Reporting, Administration, and Training
- Complete, lock-off and submit a monthly outlook as required based on the fiscal calendar.
- Build and manage pipeline within Salesforce to meet and exceed reporting standards.
- Account and Opportunity Management
- Develop and maintain a Territory Plan for the assigned New Business Territory in accordance with the established Territory Plan template. Territory Plan to be in place and complete in all areas within three months of start date.
- Develop and maintain an Account Plan for all Managed Prospects in accordance with the established Account Plan standard. Account Plan to be in place and complete in all areas within three months of account assignment.
- Within (180 days) of account assignment of each Managed Account, develop and present for sign-off an Account Priorities and Objectives plan.
- Manage all opportunities in accordance with the Opportunity Management process, including the creation of Opportunity Plans, the scheduling of Opportunity reviews, the use of the Opportunity Analysis System, and the Bid Review Process.
- Work through the sales process with key players to minimize issues in the close of an order and ensure Teradata and customer objectives are met in the agreed timeframe.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 10 years + Solutions Sales or closely relevant other experience.
- Experience in selling complex technology solutions advantageous, i.e. ERP solutions and bundled hardware, software, professional services and technical services.
- Knowledge across Business Intelligence, Data warehousing and CRM is preferred.
- Demonstrated success in building, elevating and nurturing relationships within key prospects resulting in new customer business.
- Understanding of and success in a sales environment that requires creation of capital expenditure plans and budgets.
- Demonstrated success in value-linking and demand creation.
- High level strategic planning skills.
- Proven customer relationship skills, with experience in interfacing with customers, at Executive/Director level, on a regular basis.
- Proven ability in solutions sales environment.
- Ability to lead complex tenders and proposals.
- Proven ability to deliver against target.
- Customer focused.
- Innovative and resourceful.
- High degree of energy and initiative.
- Result Oriented.
- Self-motivated and competitively driven.
- Resilient and focused.
- Ability to transform strategy into results.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing, ambiguous and often pressure-filled environment.
- Ability to influence, coach and motivate others and promote teamwork within Teradata.
- Excellent presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- High level of personal integrity.
- High degree of empathy and emotional intelligence.
- A security clearance would be desirable, but a sensitivity about the data and solutions we provide is mandatory.
Teradata is an equal opportunity employer in all aspects of our business. We are excited by the unique qualities, abilities, and perspectives each person brings, and candidates are considered on all the fundamentals they may bring to the role and the team.
State: Australian Capital Territory
Community / Marketing Title: Account Executive
Job Category: Sales
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory AU