Location: Taipei, Taiwan
Requisition Number: 212699
The Technical Consultant (TC) leverages data warehouse technical knowledge to promote sales of Teradata data warehouse, Aster Data, Hadoop, Cloud, such as AWS/Azure/GCP within a specific industry. The TC has broad knowledge of the Data Warehouse space and big data analytics with expert knowledge of Teradata, Aster Data, Hadoop, AWS, Azure and GCP products and their application within the specific industry. The TC articulates data warehouse architectures and trends, and provides technical knowledge in sales support activities. The TC is highly consultative and first seeks to understand the customer’s business, information, and application requirements. The TC will participate in the design and development of an architecture that will be aligned with the client’s business objectives based on the business, information, application, and system requirements. The TC will thoroughly understand the client’s information technology infrastructure and serves as the key link between business needs and technology enablers. The TC analyzes a customer’s business and technical requirements and takes the lead in translating those requirements and strategies into Teradata, Aster Data, Hadoop, AWS, Azure and GCP products, solutions, and services. The Technical Consultant ensures that the proposed solutions are business enabling and technically innovative, ensures improved ROI, and identifies additional uses for the client’s investment in the Teradata data warehouse, Aster Data, Hadoop, AWS, Azure and GCP solutions, and services. The TC establishes or enhances mid-level customer relationships, provides technical expertise on engagements, and identifies new target application opportunities within our accounts. The TC identifies, establishes, and manages a Proof of Concept (POC) in the customer environment leading to sales of Teradata, Aster Data, Hadoop, AWS, Azure and GCP hardware, software, and services. The TC will be expected to deliver high-quality, customer billable consulting on PS engagements and oversee the development of the customer engagement model for additional services. The TC plays an active role in pre-sale and post-sale activity, ensuring a long-term partnership with Teradata customers. The TC has a great opportunity to make a significant contribution to the long term architecture and success of these accounts. The Technical Consultant may be the Project Tech Lead on a project.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Provide direct and substantial support of the team's revenue and margin objectives by:
- Participating in the development and execution of winning sales strategies.
- Assisting with account qualification utilizing knowledge of industry solutions, data models & data volumes for the various types of companies in their industry, and applying this knowledge to determine applicability of Teradata, Aster Data, Hadoop, AWS, Azure and GCP offerings.
- Understanding, documenting, and articulating the customer's current data warehouse / data mart architecture. This includes a complete inventory of the customer's data warehouses and data marts as well as their respective business functions.
- Gathering and documenting client requirements and translating them into process and system architecture designs and ready to order configurations.
- Understand the client’s business goals, information needs, application requirements, IT plans, and architecture and articulate linkage to the proposed data warehouse architecture and application designs.
- Understanding competitive products such as Oracle, IBM, Netezza, GP, SAP BW, etc.
- Understanding mainframe and client/server computing environments.
- Design and manage winning POC applications based on customer requirements.
- Understanding SaaS and hosted solution offerings and computing environments.
- Demonstrating and utilizing knowledge of business problems of customers in their industry.
- Articulating Teradata's solutions to business problems using the Teradata RDBMS, Teradata Decision Experts, Teradata CRM (CIM/CX), Data Mart consolidation, Active Data Warehouse, Dual Active, Aster Data, Hadoop, and related solution offerings.
- Being a trusted advisor to the customer's decision makers by establishing credibility and expertise in data warehouse technology/architecture, big data analytics, marketing analysis and automation systems, customer profitability solutions, and other areas related to Teradata's solution offerings.
- Identifying new application opportunities that will lead to additional data being added to the customer's data warehouse as well as high margin PS engagements.
- Generating interest with the decision-makers that leads to follow-on meetings and advancement of the sales process.
- Contributing to the financial objectives of the team through business development and demand-creation activities.
- Demonstrating the ability to relate business problems to the underlying data and the ability of Data Warehouse technology to solve the business problems.
- Designing, leading, and executing winning competitive database benchmarks.
- Participating in PS engagements that position Teradata as a trusted advisor to our customers.
- Timely, accurate administration & reporting (PSA, expenses, forecasts, etc.).
- Contributing Knowledge Assets to the Teradata Knowledge Management System.
- Working with sales teams to generate new profitable business: articulate, demonstrate, and scope Teradata solution offers and services.
- Define an enterprise blueprint and time-phased roadmap for enabling the business to realize their vision.
- Work with Teradata project managers to scope projects and develop statements of work, project plans, and risk analysis.
- Provide technical thought leadership and actively participate in the application design, implementation, and roll-out efforts.
- Broad technical expertise combined with business acumen.
- Strong business and/or technical analysis background.
- Technical knowledge and in depth experience with building Data Warehouses, Data Marts, big data analytics, applications, enterprise architectures, solutions, and technologies.
- Expert technical knowledge of Teradata products and configurations
- Knowledge of Architecture Principles, Advocated Positions, Design Patterns, and Implementation Alternatives.
- Understanding of the Teradata Reference Information Architecture
- Expert knowledge of SQL
- Proven capabilities in relational database technology in the application development environment (Teradata, DB2, Oracle, MySQL, MSSQL)
- Operational knowledge of third party BI and data transformation tools (Tableau, Cognos, Business Objects, Informatica, and others)
- Understanding of Master Data Management concepts and principles
- Successful POC implementation
- Benchmark design, development, and execution
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge and understanding of “Logical Data Sources” and/or domain knowledge in industry-specific subject areas
- Understanding of the client’s business domain e.g. CRM process or supply chain.
- Experience in working with their industry customers and target accounts
- Knowledge of future trends/changes in their industry and the ability to articulate these to customers
- Experience in consulting with senior level executives
- Experience in cloud solution on AWS/Azure/GCP with senior level executives
- Client interfacing, relationship building, and consulting skills required
- Excellent oral and written communication, and presentation skills
- Strategic Planning and Thinking
- Consultative Selling
- Meeting Facilitation
- Proposal Development, Service Offer Scoping, and Project Definition
- Resource Management, Scheduling, and Project Management
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Consultant
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Taipei, Taipei TW