Location: Taipei, Taiwan
Requisition Number: 212698
The Software Developer brings specific technical knowledge about the development of software and the tools needed to undertake software development and packaging. This individual must have the skills necessary to understand the overall data warehouse architecture. This role is focused on the programming required for custom application development, custom ETL functions, database extensions, Map Reduce, and any other areas requiring hand coding. Languages may include JAVA, ASP, C, C++, C#, .NET, HTML, JSON, OS script, and others. In addition to basic SQL program development, this role is also suitable for custom and advanced SQL Extensions development including UDFs, UDTs, XSPs, and SQL SPs. The Software Developer will participate in the requirements gathering, design, development, configuration management, packaging, and implementation of software. The Software Developer provides leadership in utilizing a defined software development methodology to develop software. The Software Developer provides expertise in the most appropriate use of the available software development tools. The Software Developer may be the Project Tech Lead on a project.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Interface with users to define and document software design requirements.
- Develop and validate the software design.
- Develop and unit test the software and the software packaging.
- Develop specifications to build work products from the configuration management system.
- Build development and production releases.
- Establish and maintain a configuration management and change management system for controlling work products.
- Identify the configuration of selected work products to be under configuration management and that compose the baselines at given points in time.
- Maintain control over the configuration of the work product baseline.
- Demonstrate a high degree of software development tool expertise.
- Demonstrate a high degree of software development skills.
- Support the Application, ETL, Data Warehouse or Hadoop platform design and integration efforts.
- Participate in performance, integration, and system testing of the application.
- In depth knowledge of the software development tools and language.
- In depth knowledge of the development processes and methodology.
- In depth knowledge of the Teradata Database.
- In depth knowledge of the JAVA Framework.
- In depth knowledge of the .NET Framework.
- Proficiency with configuration management tools.
- Expert in software configuration process and controls.
- Support of testing functions.
- Knowledge of operating systems and environments.
- Knowledge of Architecture Principles, Advocated Positions, Design Patterns, and Implementation Alternatives.
- Understanding of the Teradata Reference Information Architecture.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Developer
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Taipei, Taipei TW