Location: Pune, Maharashtra, India
Requisition Number: 212689
Role:- Sr. Lead Data Modeler
Job Location: Mumbai/ Pune/ Bangalore
Educational Qualification – Bachelor or Master of Engineering
Job Description for Finance Industry Data modeller.
- 10-12 years of experience in Data warehousing in which 4-6 in data modelling.
- Work with the Application Development team to implement data strategies, build data flows and develop conceptual data models for Data warehouse.
- Create logical and physical data models using Erwin tool by best practices to ensure high data quality and reduced redundancy. Good Understanding of key Processes in, Banking (GL/ Deposit/ Loan/ Bills/ Instrument/ Debit card/ Credit card/ Internet Banking), Investment Banking (Mutual Fund/ IPO/ Bond/ Derivative/ Portfolio management/ Merger & Acquisition) and Insurance (General business/Life insurance/ Property & Casualty).
- Experience in working with Teradata Financial Services model (FS-LDM) or Sound business knowledge of any Banking/Investment/Insurance industry data model for data warehouse.
- Good to have knowledge of other industry data models. Implement Data Profiling and develop/maintain complete source to target mappings.
- Create, manage and modify logical and physical data models using a variety of data modelling philosophies and techniques including Inmon and Kimball.
- Stakeholder’s interaction includes Enterprise Architects, Development Team, Business Intelligence team, technology vendors etc.
- Responsible for reconciling the project data models into enterprise data models in concert with business users.
- Logical Modeling, Physical Modelling, Data profiling and Data Mapping
- Working experience with Teradata database, Indexes, TD SQLs, PI, MLPPI, Compression, Data Type selection and rightsizing, SI, JI, SOFT RI etc.
- Must be Ready to travel short-term and long-term for project assignment.
- Attitude towards learning business rules and integrate with data Model.
- Good understanding of Teradata database architecture and Teradata Physical Design.
- Good understanding of Data warehouse concepts, Data Governance and standardization processes.
- Understanding the Logical Data Model and creating the Physical
- Working Knowledge on multiple industries viz. Communication, Finance, Retail, Aviation, Manufacturing etc.
- Analyze business requirements to determine the data elements needed in the Semantic Layer and Core Layer data models to support the solution
- Interact with Business SMEs to understand required data elements, the business rules governing them and confirm definitions
- Create, manage and modify conceptual, logical and physical data models for the Core and Semantic Layers. Present data models to business and technical audiences for review and validation
- Create the PDM for the Landing, Staging and Source Image areas of the Acquisition Layer and Conduct the PDM review.
Community / Marketing Title: Data Modeler
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Pune, Maharashtra IN