Executive Assistant to the Senior VP, CIO
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 212681
The Senior-level Administrative Assistant must be able to operate within a fast-paced, growth environment that constantly changes. This person must be flexible and demonstrate the ability to manage ambiguity and be willing and able to provide efficient and effective administrative activities to support management and their teams, including senior-level executives. We are looking for a results-oriented, self-motivator who can work proactively and independently.
This person will directly support the Senior VP, Chief Information Officer and her team as needed. There is a strong preference for a San Diego-based candidate for this role as they will help manage in-person meetings/events once we return to office.
- Create high quality, professional Powerpoint presentations to be used at the CEO, CFO, and Board level.
- Proficiency in creating charts and graphs in Excel and merging into Powerpoint.
- Requirements gathering and preparation of information for use in discussions/meetings of executive staff - for both the CIO and the attendees of the meeting.
- Communicate with the highest degree of efficiency and clarity via email, text, messaging, and telephone.
- Record minutes of staff meetings and manage action items and follow ups
- Candidates must have a minimum of 4-6 years hands-on experience expediting business projects in support of a senior executive in a complex organization.
- Excellent professional ethics, integrity and judgment.
- Must possess the confidence and self-awareness to make executive decisions about scheduling and other necessary matters on behalf of the leadership team.
- Highly proficient in Office 365, Workday, Excel/Sheets with the ability to learn new software quickly.
- Candidates should be well-organized and detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task with a track record as a strategic thinker capable of foreseeing impacts of simultaneous projects.
- This person will possess strong judgment, decision making, time management, and prioritization skills.
- Must be energetic, positive, outgoing, proactive and resourceful.
- Maintain multiple calendars, schedule appointments and conference calls, and prepare itineraries and working with peer Administrative Assistants.
- Compose and prepare memos, letters, and other correspondence as needed.
- Make travel arrangements (post-pandemic).
- Maintain organization charts and key distribution lists.
- Process department invoices and check requests through Accounts Payable.
- Handle confidential information with the utmost discretion.
- High school diploma or GED; Associates or Bachelor's is preferred
- Thorough knowledge and high proficiency with Microsoft 365 including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook, Teams, etc.
- Demonstrated basic analytical & mathematical skills; ability to perform research, data gathering, basic data analysis.
- Associates or Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Experience working with a multi-national company
- Experience supporting senior level executives
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Executive Assistant to the Senior VP, CIO
Job Category: Administrative
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US