User Interface Engineer
Location: Karnataka, India
Requisition Number: 212680
UI (Front-end) Developer
Teradata Analytics Applications is seeking a talented UI Developer capable of building the user interfaces for our next generation “Best of Breed” Enterprise Analytics applications. The UI Developer will work with a team of other developers to design and implement frameworks and components to create beautiful user interfaces for the Teradata Analytical applications.
- Build cutting-edge, maintainable user interfaces for our suite of products
- Implement common components that can be reused by other team members
- Collaborate on cross-functional agile teams that include Front-end Developers, Service Developers and Product Owners to implement the next generation of our products
- Provide technical guidance to junior team members
- Work closely with Product Owners to develop beautiful, usable UIs and creative visualizations
- Stay abreast of UI technology trends and industry best practices to hone and maintain your talent
• Proven experience in architecting and implementing beautiful, usable, high-performance UIs
• Strong understanding of single page application best practices, UI performance optimization techniques, web standards and cross-browser compatibility.
* Prior experience with Angular 1.x (Angular2/Angular Material experience is a plus)
• Prior experience with CSS Frameworks such as Bootstrap
• Experience integrating UI clients with JSON-based REST services
- Experience with client-side and e2e testing technology such as Karma, Protractor or Jasmine.
• Experience using a continuous integration stacks and client-side build/dependency management tools such as grunt, gulp, bower, npm, JIRA, GIT, Jenkins, Bamboo, Crucible/Stash, etc
• The ideal candidate will have an extensive background in web-based UI applications with a passion for the latest technologies
* Java development knowledge is a plus
- 2+ years developing UIs for web applications in a highly transparent Agile organization, with iterations, continuous integration and a drive for quality
- S. or M. S. in Computer Science or related field
- Must be a self-starter and able to work well with others in a fast-paced agile environment with an emphasis on collaborating and assisting the team to meet business objectives.
Community / Marketing Title: User Interface Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN