Senior Technical Consultant
Location: Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand
Requisition Number: 212675
Senior Technical Consultant
A Technical Consultant works with Business Consultants, Business Technical Consultants, Architects, and the delivery team as part of an agile process delivering application solutions. Technical Consultants are focused on Teradata’s application solutions portfolio, which includes but is not limited to CIM, RTIM, Demand Chain Management, EAS, MDM, and RDM; and may include Teradata custom-developed applications such as web dashboards, Hadoop Applications, or ISV applications.
Key Areas of Responsibility
• Applies background to marketplace, prospect and customer initiatives including a focus on one or more of (A) presales activities, (B) post-sales delivery activities, or (C) a hybrid of both pre-sales and post-sales activities. These may include for example:
o Generates internal and external marketplace awareness and works with account teams to help develop interest in application(s) and Teradata’s design and implementation expertise.
o Supports specific applications solutions sales motions including discussions, demonstrations and presentations.
o Participates in (or may own) proof of concept and benchmarking to prove the viability of new solutions to clients; scoping and estimating; and in post-sales delivery of specific requirements, solution and detailed design, development, and testing – of installations/configurations, implementations, and upgrades
• Provides leadership in utilizing a defined application methodology to integrate the application into the customer environment.
• Utilizes existing collateral, artifacts, and best practices and helps harvest/capture new materials and promotes their use.
• All consultants are expected to build value in themselves. Teradata’s extensive library of both instructor led, and web-based training provides ample opportunity for the consultant to build and maintain marketable skills. Time has been allocated specifically for this task and each consultant is expected to have a ‘Learning Plan’. Progress against the learning plan is part of the annual appraisal.
• All consultants are expected to build value in their practice through the contribution and reuse of consulting assets. After each assigned project, a consultant is expected to evaluate the project deliverables and to contribute those items that may be useful to other consultants that may be assigned similar projects. When a new project is assigned, the consultant will search the asset repository for assets that may improve or accelerate the project delivery.
• Minimum 5 years of related experience
• Enthusiasm, passion and interest in data analytics and applications.
• In depth knowledge of the application architecture.
• In-depth knowledge of, and skill in, the integration of relevant applications.
• Experience with applications operating on-premise and/or within a cloud service
• Knowledge of Architecture Principles, Advocated Positions, Design Patterns, and Implementation Alternatives and methodologies
• Understanding of the Teradata Reference Information Architecture.
• Skill/knowledge of relevant applications, business value, and the business domain including industry experience in supported industries.
• Experience with application solutions, preferably Teradata’s, and appreciation of security and operating systems.
• Knowledge of SQL, data modeling, and testing approaches.
• Knowledge of applications, such as campaign management, demand chain management, and analytics which can be driven from these applications.
• In depth knowledge of the application implementation methodology.
• Work with the appropriate project management methodology (Agile or Waterfall) based upon customer and project requirements
SIMS Technical Skill Category Skill Mapping
Service Offers Primary Skill
Cloud Computing Primary Skill
Databases Primary Skill
Delivery Experience Primary Skill
Industry Knowledge Primary Skill
Programming Languages Primary Skill
Teradata Applications Primary Skill
Teradata Architecture Primary Skill
Tools – Development Primary Skill
Tools – Job Control and Scheduling Primary Skill
Tools – Operating Systems Primary Skill
Tools – Teradata Primary Skill
Tools – Testing Primary Skill
• Strong client interaction, communication, and consulting skills.
• Ability to take initiative and self-motivate.
• Quickly adapt in a fast pace environment.
Teradata is an equal opportunity employer in all aspects of our business. We are excited by the unique qualities, abilities, and perspectives each person brings, and candidates are considered on all the fundamentals they may bring to the role and the team.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Technical Consultant
Job Category: Services
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wellington, Wellington NZ