Director of Strategy and Operations, Vantage Cloud
Location: San Diego, California, United States
Requisition Number: 212673
Director of Strategy and Operations, Vantage Cloud
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
The Vantage Cloud Product Management team drives the vision and roadmap for Teradata offerings in public cloud (AWS, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud), cloud database, and advanced analytic engines. We work cross-functionally across most parts of the business to deliver outcomes that matter for our customers, our company, and our team. We work as a team and are outcome driven. Teradata is seeking a passionate, motivated and experienced director to lead the Cloud Strategy and Operations team. As a member of the Vantage Cloud Product Management Leadership Team, you will be shaping the strategy of Teradata’s Cloud business.
In this role, you'll be a leader in developing our cloud business growth strategy using action-oriented data driven decision-making processes. You’ll be posing the question(s), finding the data, and doing the analysis to create growth initiatives that lead to measured business outcomes.
The role requires a candidate with strong analytical skills using data driven approach(es) and a passion for driving business results. This role will include significant interaction with our customers, finance, cloud operations, go to market sales, marketing, and cross-functional product teams. These supporting activities will be essential to the execution of the job role.
- Identify relevant studies, lead the telemetry collection and data analysis to support product requirements
- Architect, design, and oversee the building of relevant dashboards to support business reviews to analyze the health of the business
- Define, analyze, assess and/or perform Total Available Market (TAM) and Serviceable Available Market (SAM) assessments for future business opportunities
- Lead and/or conduct market research to identify service/product gaps, market trends/patterns, and articulate market opportunities
- Use quantitative and qualitative data to become knowledgeable about customer usage habits and needs/requirements
- Support projected/modeled outcomes with relevant market data
- Operate both independently and as part of a broader team; juggle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously in a results-oriented environment
- Lead cross functional teams in product life cycle management
The dynamic nature of our high growth business means that the successful candidate loves the challenge of constant change and easily adapts to shifting business priorities.
- 10 years of product management experience in a high growth industry
- 5 to 10 years product development experience
- Knowledgeable about Public Cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) and product best practices
- Demonstrated ability to use influencing skills to lead cross functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to use limited information to develop problem statements, analyze scenarios, and develop solutions
- Strong business acumen and experience managing organizational budgets
- Technical or business undergraduate degree
- Solid understanding of financial systems, product profit and loss models, pricing strategies, revenue recognition practices
- Good understanding of legal documents and subsequent entitlements (customer and supplier agreements)
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Good communicator who is able to speak to team members of all levels
- Familiarity with Salesforce, ServiceNow, Aha!, and JIRA applications and tools
- Strong bias for action with a willingness to challenge the status quo
- Ability to self-manage multiple projects to deliverables
- Comfortable analyzing data and presenting to executive(s) stakeholders
- Advanced MS Excel & PowerPoint Skills
- Strong understanding of Teradata Vantage product portfolio, especially cloud services
- Experience formulating and driving business growth initiatives/strategies
- Alternative routes to markets
- Go to market programs to drive adoption
- Expanding TAM
- Growing existing base wallet share
- Partnership strategies
- Experience in delivering B2B enterprise platform as-a-service offers
- Service Description(s)
- Revenue Recognition
- Experience leading organizational activities (all hands, staff, extended staff activities)
- Talent Management
- Organizational Design
- Staff Development
- MBA or equivalent experience
- Financial Modeling
- Business Forecasting
- Revenue Models
- Monetization Strategies
- Experience with Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) methodologies
- Experience with supporting investor relations for earnings call preparations
- Technical Undergraduate Degree
- Previous leadership experience in Engineering and Product Management
- Understanding of market research methodologies
- Desire to learn and grow in a technical product management business career
- Experience with a data visualization tool(s) like PowerBI / Tableau
- PowerPoint and Excel Power User
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Director of Strategy and Operations, Vantage Cloud
Job Category: Product Management
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US