Senior Software Systems Engineer
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 212665
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
As the recognized leader in data and analytics, Teradata is all about empowering high-impact business outcomes to unleash the potential of great companies. We focus every day on helping customers build lasting analytic capabilities and drive differentiated value through our flexible delivery of analytics at scale on an agile data foundation.
The Teradata Senior Software Systems Engineer will design and implement application integration using Teradata’s integration platform. And establishes as a subject matter expert (SME) for efficient and effective use of customized platform Informatica’s Cloud Services
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers associated with core applications, e.g., Salesforce, Financial Force, Workday, Oracle ERP, ServiceNow, SharePoint, GitHub, Jira etc.
- Communicate with source and consumer environment stakeholders to ensure seamless integration between various environments during design, development, testing and deployment phases.
- Review and analyze functional requirements and mapping documents.
- Contribute to the review of test plans and test cases to ensure all requirements are covered and the documents are thorough.
- Work with team leads and business analysts to provide support and contribution in preparing critical User Acceptance scenarios.
- Assist in deploying and migrating project artifacts within the production environment.
- Maintain and monitor jobs and programs in production as well as provide issue resolution for any production failures. Assist and provide guidance to resolve system-related issues.
- Minimum 10+ years of software engineering experience, with a focus on integration, in a complex, publicly traded, global organization.
- Demonstrated strength in implementing best-practice enterprise integration patterns.
- Significant hands-on experience with Informatica Cloud Services. Python & Java etc.,
- Integration experience with web services/API via REST/SOAP/OData/JSON and other protocols
- SaaS/PaaS/cloud experience with best in breed providers like Salesforce, Workday, Informatica, Eloqua, Amazon Web Services, Azure and other similar CSPs.
- Success using agile principles to deliver great business outcomes through technology.
- Experience with a variety of hosting models, including on-premise, vendor cloud, public cloud, and SaaS.
- Demonstrated experience working with a managed service provider to partner on delivery.
- Demonstrated experience with global teams.
- Proven ability to continuously improve outcomes and processes.
- Strong written, verbal, and listening communication skills: articulate and effective communicator and presenter, able to describe complex problems and solutions in understandable terms; ability to frame communications to a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Ability to execute effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to execute swiftly without compromising quality.
- Exhibits acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges.
- Experience with Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF) framework.
- Certifications in Salesforce and Informatica cloud is a preference.
- Exposure to Service Now and Salesforce development is a Plus.
- Experience in Administration of informatica cloud is a plus
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Software Systems Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US