Data Science Engineer
Location: Mexico City, CDMX, Mexico
Requisition Number: 212656
Flexible, Mexico City
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Description: As a member of the Teradata Data Science engineering group, you will work on the BYOM (Bring Your Own Model) product designing and implementing functions that enable our customers to operationalize analytic models trained in external tools by bringing them to our MPP platform for scoring production data stored in Vantage, at scale and high performance. You will also collaborate with engineers, architects, product managers, and testing teams to implement tools and other software that support distinct phases of the analytics lifecycle and facilitate the use of Vantage analytics
• Investigate, design, and implement new BYOM functions that support models trained in popular external tools and platforms to operationalize these models in Vantage.
• Work closely with the analytics engineering team to design and implement analytic tools and applications that facilitate the use of Vantage analytics in the analytics lifecycle.
• Research, design, and implement features that facilitate the operationalization of analytic functions and solutions.
• Work with the QA team to develop tests and metrics to ensure the high quality of the BYOM functions, analytic tools, and features.
• Work with the Performance testing team to characterize the performance, and scalability of the BYOM functions.
• At least 3 years of experience developing industrial software in Java.
• Experience with relational databases and SQL.
• Experience with Python.
• Practical experience with Machine Learning generating models with ML libraries (e.g., Scikit-learn).
• Strong software engineering skills, including implementing best practices that produce maintainable and high-quality code, including code style conformity, unit testing, and code reviews.
• MS degree in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
• Practical experience with Machine Learning
• Experience with Test Driven Development
• Experience with CICD pipelines
What we offer you:
• Highly Competitive Mayor and Minor Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance.
• Teradata’s Pension Plan with 50% matching.
• Monthly Food and Restaurant Vouchers.
• Performance bonus aligned with your annual salary.
• Vacation days, Christmas bonus, and vacation bonus above the law standard.
In addition, our teams are encouraged to look for innovation, spending at least 1 week each quarter on development, learning new skills, and innovative technology/solutions.
Link to apply:
City: Mexico City
Community / Marketing Title: Data Science Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: Mexico City, Mexico MX