Senior Data Science Engineer
Location: Mexico City, Mexico City, Mexico
Requisition Number: 212655
Senior Data Science Engineer
Teradata’s Product Group is seeking exceptional candidates proficient in advanced analytics to join our research and development organization. Members of Teradata’s Product Group are highly accomplished and hold MSc and PhDs from top colleges and universities in the world. As a member of the Data Science Engineeering team, the candidate will work in collaboration with other members of engineering to research, design and implement Teradata Analytics Platform analytic functions (Machine Learning, Statistical, Text, and others). Teradata’s Analytics Platform functions are enterprise quality distributed and highly parallel functions that can process massive data at linear scalability and high performance.
We encourage our scientists and engineers to participate in developing key intellectual property (IP) for Teradata by writing patents, publishing in international conferences and journals, and attending conferences.
- Research, prototype, design and implementation of highly scalable parallel advanced analytics and machine learning algorithms, running on MPP Advanced Analytics Platform, using C function APIs.
- Collaborate closely with platform, Quality Engineering, and other engineering teams for end to end design and implementation of the analytic functions.
- Work with the QE team to develop tests and verify metrics for analytic functions results and model prediction quality.
- Evaluate, investigate, and optimize the performance of the analytic functions.
- Drive the development and support of key analytic features and functions throughout its life cycle, from conception to support and enhancement
- Investigate alternative algorithms and designs and present them for architectural review
- Mastery in C
- Strong foundations in linear algebra, statistics, machine learning
- Ability to design and implement complex analytics and machine learning algorithms, and in particular linearly scalable parallel algorithms
- Ability and passion to iteratively assess, tune and improve the quality to make highly competitive products
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Good understanding of distributed systems and parallel data processing
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects
- Experience with test-driven development
- Ability to work closely and collaborate with others in the team and across functional groups
- PhD degree in computer science/mathematics/statistics/physics/engineering preferred (or equivalent work experience)
Exceptional Master of Science graduates will be given consideration
- Experience in performance optimization, and building of high performance data processing applications is a highly desirable
- Experience with R and/or Python
- Experience in Hadoop, Spark, TensorFlow, and related technologies a plus
- Experience in developing database applications a plus
City: Mexico City
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Data Science Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: Mexico City, Mexico MX