Financial Planning & Analyst
Location: Airoli Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra IN
Requisition Number: 212651
Job Title: Financial Planning Team Leader- A/NZ
Reporting Responsibility: A/NZ Chief Finance Officer (CFO)
Teradata Corporation (NYSE: TDC) is the world’s largest company solely focused on
raising intelligence through data warehousing and enterprise analytics. Teradata offers powerful, analytical solutions that help businesses proactively manage their businesses and drive growth. Teradata™ solutions include the Teradata data warehouse and database, analytical applications, and services.
Built on a proven, world-class methodology, Teradata data warehouse services support data warehouse strategy development, planning, design, implementation, support and enhancement. Over 2,000 consultants deliver Teradata solutions in 60 countries.
Businesses worldwide choose Teradata for its proven expertise in data warehousing, commitment to excellence and innovation, and best-in-class technology. To learn more, go to http://www.teradata.com
The incumbent will first and foremost serve as the financial planning resource for the A/NZ GEO CFO, capable of bringing broad financial expertise (including planning, pricing, accounting practices/policies, revenue recognition and order management) to the table as well as managing and optimising all business operational activities. This will be critical in a range of activities, from investment decisions, asset management, resource deployment, setting of objectives, annual and strategic planning direction, and evaluation and action planning around the state of the business and enhancing all the business operations and infrastructure groups.
It will require frequent communication, leadership, and teaming with the CFO, in order to meet the requirements of the business.
Key focus areas for this position will be specifically: -
- Ownership and development of the monthly Outlook and annual Plan
- Understand software accounting rules and its impact to the Outlook
- Understand and continually review business processes
- Sales Compensation
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS :- (include but are not limited to)
- Manage the Monthly Outlook Process / Reporting
- Work with the CFO, VP, Sales Managers and PS leaders to understand existing and future business (order and revenue opportunities)
- Analyse revenue, orders & backlog to provide backlog forecasts to validate revenue risk
- Analysis and forecasting of Selling cost lines, primary focus on:
- Salaries and benefits and commissions
- Travel and entertainment
- Outside contractor services
- Explain variances to Outlook and Plan
- Manage the accrual process
- Working with regional accounting team to prepare journals for revenue and expenses adjustments
- Validation of monthly revenue recognitions are in accordance with Teradata internal revenue recognition guidelines
- Understand and continual review of the subscription revenue process
- Liaise with Solution and Customer Service sales for all subscription renewals
- Review and validate subscriptions orders, backlog and revenue
- Responsibility and coordination of subscription outlook, reconciliation and variance analysis
- Understand and manage the Sales commissions process
- Responsibility of reconciliation of monthly sales results in the sales compensation tool and ensure consistent with financial results.
- Use of Business Objects and ERP tools for reporting and transaction processing
- Prepare actual and forecasted P&L with commentary
- Support management in presenting outlook and be able to comment on Plan, Outlook, risk related questions
- Prepare reporting pack and commentary
- Line-of sight orders and revenue
- Expense analysis
- Manage the Annual Planning Process
- Support the planning process
- Prepare annual Plans & Budgets including:
- Order and revenue
- Headcount planning and validation of salary targets
- Determine calendarisation and allocation methodologies with a quarterly focus
- Year-end backlog forecasts
- Reviewing and determining organization profit and cost centres
- Apply accounting changes
- Expense budget allocations – communicating allocations to the organisation
- Analysis of actual results for all components of the business to understand its current state from a financial perspective and support the business to develop action plans to meet financial commitments around Plan and the Outlook.
- Prepare revenue analysis in accordance to software accounting rules and review revenue outlook to ensure forecasting accuracy.
- Reviews contracts of multi-element deals as part of the Revenue recognition process to ensure the following;
- Revenue is properly allocated to each element of the deal using the Relative Selling Price or VSOE guidelines
- Documents and reviews impacts of non- standard terms and conditions and consult with revenue manager to ensure no adverse impact to revenue recognition
- Assist A/NZ CFO and VP in assuring appropriate levels of financial and internal controls are maintained within the Unit.
- Prepare ad hoc analyses work on special projects
- Work closely with the GEO CFO with Outlook process and reporting and to understand strategic direction
- Work closely with CFO to help them understand our business and any risks.
- Sales Operation from forecasting aspect
- Professional Services (PS) Business Operations Manager for PS understanding
- Sales Support Analyst and Teradata Order Management Group (TOMG) for order and revenue process
- Regular contact and communication with Sales organisation
- Interconnect with and Revenue Team and Pricing team
- Financial Shared Services Centre (FSSC) for understanding general ledger transactions
- Bachelor qualifications in Finance, Business, Accounting, Economics or Management
- CA or CPA qualification / Masters Degree
- 5+ years experience in finance roles such as Planning Analyst or Management Accountant within a sales driven, customer focused organization.
- Experience gained within Business Consulting or IT industry would be advantageous
- Excellent communication skills
- Very good knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Business Objects and Hyperion
COMPETENCE - the technical and personal attributes, knowledge, skills and abilities a candidate must possess in order to succeed in this position:-
- Ability to demonstrate a strong business acumen
- Projects executive presence
- Attention to detail
- Strong financial analysis skills
- Excellent time management and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent English verbal communication and presentations skills
- Lateral thinker – ability to explore alternative avenues
- Proven decision-making capabilities
- Ability to interact and influence at all levels within Teradata
- Strong IT skills
TYPE OF PERSON
The type of person who will be successful in this role will:
- Be a self starter and self directed
- Thrive on delivering a high level of customer service (internal and external)
- Have a proven high level of dedication and commitment.
- Be results-oriented and driven.
- Demonstrate a level of responsibility for taking ownership of projects
- Display a proven ability to work under pressure
- Enjoy working in a team and communicates openly, directly and diplomatically
- Be comfortable in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work under pressure in a dynamic, transforming organization is a must
- Growth and profit driven culture
- Requires multi-tasking ability
- Continual change
- Competing priorities
- Learning/growth opportunities
- Cyclical work schedules
- Team-focused, very competitive environment
- Interface with multiple levels of management
- Must be comfortable working with a team of high-level IT professionals.
- Success and ability is rewarded
- Opportunities also exist for cross-training and career development.
City: Airoli Navi Mumbai
Community / Marketing Title: Financial Planning & Analyst
Job Category: Finance
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Airoli Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra IN