Software Engineer , DevOps Engineer
Location: San Diego, California, United States
Requisition Number: 212647
Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people, the best we can be.
This position is for a Software Engineer in the cloud database organization. The team’s focus is on providing a flexible and massively parallelized abstraction layer between the operating system and the Teradata SQL Engine (Relational Database Management System) that provides outstanding performance while running on highly available systems with potentially hundreds of nodes. The team designs and implements features and services for new releases of the SQL Engine, with a particular focus on memory management, elasticity, and disk caching.
We are looking for a candidate to join our fast paced and cutting-edge development organization that is on the forefront of our “Teradata Everywhere” strategy.
Teradata Labs, the technology research and development (R&D) organization within Teradata Corporation, has been turning innovative decision support technology into business results for over 40 years. Our R&D team of analytic architects, database developers and engineers work to understand and advance emerging technologies to invent the next wave of cutting-edge analytic data solutions.
- Responsible for designing, implementing, and unit testing new features leveraging agile and continuous delivery methodologies.
- Build cloud-based deployment services and in-cloud testing infrastructure.
- Build automation for testing and validation of features/product
- Perform functional and performance analysis of code defects and correction of defects.
- Contribute to all phases of the software development lifecycle by designing and implementing complex features for the product.
- Analyze requirements for complex feature development.
- San Diego or El Segundo
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar degree, or comparable work experience.
- Understanding of Virtualization and/or cloud computing.
- 10+ years of experience developing software in Ruby, Python, Java, C, C++ and/or Go.
- 10+ years of experience with code versioning tools such as Git.
- 10+ years of experience with continuous integration, automated unit testing.
- 10+ years of experience with Web architectures and services (HTTP, REST, sockets, JSON, multi-threading, etc.).
- 5+ years of experience with creating CICD pipelines
- Exposure to Agile development methodologies
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience with application monitoring tools (Datadog, Splunk, New Relic, etc.).
- Familiarity with AWS or other public clouds and have built apps leveraging its offerings (S3, SNS/SQS, DynamoDB, EC2, Kinesis, Cloud Formations, etc.)
- Familiar with relational database and SQL
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Kafka
- Experience with Zookeeper
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer , DevOps Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US